Software Engineer - Platform at Opendoor
United States of America
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
The mission of the Transactions and Operations (T&O) Platform team is to strategize, architect and build Opendoor’s next generation real estate platform. At our core, we build complex large scale distributed systems that orchestrate the entire end-to-end real estate transaction lifecycle for customers. As an engineer on this team, you will work on game changing products and build the foundational cloud computing platform that reinvents the real estate industry. And the best part is, we are just getting started.
Our team will focus on:
- Developing a rich set of real estate transaction capabilities exposed via robust extensible APIs.
- Building ground up end-to-end customer management systems enabling Opendoor to deliver flawless transactions.
- Creating a nationwide intelligent project pricing and renovation management engine.
- Ground up development of a best-in-class marketplace for trade partners to keep our customers, employees and homes safe.
- Leveraging cutting edge IoT technologies and complex machine learning models to assess risk.
- As a software engineer on the team you will:
- Own and drive all phases of software development including ideation, prototyping, design and production
- Participate and guide the team's technical strategies, vision, decisions and architecture
- Solve a breadth of technical problems involving large scale distributed system and platform build outs
- Influence the technology and architectural roadmap of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 3+ years of track record in building and delivering production quality software systems
- Excellent coding skills, strong debugging skills and knowledge of computer architectures, operating systems and algorithms
- Depth and breadth in multiple technologies ranging from frontend user interfaces to backend services to databases
- Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and proven track record of using metrics to drive decisions
- A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and creative solutions to sophisticated problems
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $112,000 to $174,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness