Zipline is 100% remote and accepts applicants from Canada, US & International.
Hi. We’re Zipline! We’re helping put technology into the hands of those that need it most — retail workers. If you have worked in a store, you know the drill. You’re helping customers, ringing up orders, and trying to do the 30 tasks that HQ wants you to do. Some pertain to you. Some don’t. But that’s for you to figure out… all while putting out fires and keeping shelves tidy.
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Application Team. You will be working with our fantastic engineers to develop native end to end features, and UIs for our core application.
- Take projects from an early design document of a feature to a complete implementation, shipped to customers.
- Collaborate with the product and design teams to navigate trade-offs in possible feature implementations, and then shape that work into engineering approaches and plans.
- Participate in forming the engineering strategy for our frontend codebase — collaborate with the engineering team in ch oseing what framework we're using for what.
- Own our infrastructure and developer tooling, from updating our frontend dependencies to setting up and tuning up linters and CI, and getting the team on board.
- Supporting other engineering teams in their work, so they can work on their features end to end, and use our system of tools and components to build simple user interfaces on their own.
- Supporting intermediate and junior engineers on the applications team, and mentoring them in their growth.
- 3+ years' experience of working on a Front-end Developer position.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills. We work remotely, and writing and reading are essential communication tools for us.
- Ability to manage your own time and work from home.
- Demonstrated exceptional problem-solving. Tell us about a challenging situation and how you navigated it!
- Experience working with a backend web framework. Ruby on Rails is not required, but preferred.
- Experience in software engineering in other languages is a plus.
- Understanding of full web application lifecycle is required, including potential performance bottlenecks, and ability to troubleshoot an app.
- Understanding of basic principles of relational database performance is required.
Why submit your resume?
- Remote: Join an effective remote team and work where you're comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to take breathers and get out and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We've done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City. (Post pandemic, of course)
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- We value the diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
We value diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.