Zipline is 100% remote and accepts applicants from Canada, US & internationally.
Hi. We’re Zipline! We’re helping put technology into the hands of those that need it most - - retail workers. If you have worked in a store, you know the drill. You’re helping customers, ringing up orders, and trying to do the 30 tasks that HQ wants you to do. Some pertain to you. Some don’t. But that’s for you to figure out… all while putting out fires and keeping shelves tidy.
That’s where we come in! We turn the grind of retail communications into an engaging, effective, aha solution. The Zipline platform ensures that the right people get the right information in the right way. Everyone is on the same page, tasks are tracked and life feels less like a perpetual game of hair-on-fire.
With Zipline, employees feel more connected, understand the role they play in the brand’s mission and can feel good about the work they’re doing. This is important to us because retail is one of America's most populous workforces but also one of the most underserved. Through Zipline, we can touch on one in four American workers who are often minority, women, and working part-time while studying or taking care of the family.
We love helping retailer workers love their jobs because we know how much better life is when you love your work. This year, Retail Zipline became a Great Place to Work-Certified. 97 percent of our employees say Zipline is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. What’s even more impressive is that 100% of employees say, “I can be myself around here”, “I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position” and “People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.” 100 percent! You can’t beat the Zipline culture.
The Director of Revenue Operations supports our go-to-market strategy and strives for operational excellence across our revenue-generating functions. As a key GTM team member, you'll be working alongside our leadership team to rapidly scale our revenue engine. We're looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats in a multifaceted environment. You must be agile, highly collaborative, and able to think on your feet.
- Strategy: Engage with revenue leadership to build processes, systems, and measures to optimize the speed, accuracy, and efficiency of our end-to-end customer acquisition process. Develop data-based recommendations to continuously improve our revenue and productivity.
- Work closely with Sales leader to develop and operationalize a revenue planning framework including goal setting, forecasting, pipeline management, segmentation, win/loss intelligence, attainment, and other key critical metrics (ADS, Sales Cycle length, Win rate). Ensure the revenue teams are fully equipped from an operational perspective to deliver the financial plan.
- Revenue Processes, Tools, and Systems: Drive the design and implementation of new/improved business processes with subsequently required CRM configurations and additional tools as needed. Support day-to-day operations of a rapidly growing go-to-market team, as well as identify and implement ongoing improvements as needed to drive efficiency, and funnel visibility.
- Reporting & Analytics: Build executive level, manager, and rep documentation, reports, analysis, and practical dashboards to ensure alignment, data consistency, and recommendations.
- Team Building: Directly lead and grow our Revenue Operations team through our next stage of growth.
- Continuous Learning: Build and rebuild our strategy, plans, processes, and tools as appropriate for each stage of our growth. Approach new challenges with a growth mindset. Make appropriate tradeoffs between flexibility and scalability.
- 5+ years of Revenue Operations leadership and experience in a fast-growth, B2B Software/SaaS environment.
- 5+ years of Salesforce systems experience (Salesforce admin certification preferred), including the creation and maintenance of dashboards, list views, and reports, and experience with Salesforce CPQ, Einstein, and Salesforce Anywhere.
- Experienced with revenue technology stack; Salesloft, ZoomInfo, Chorus, InsightSquared, Marketo, DemandBase
- Highly qualified across the full customer revenue journey (Marketing automation, lead routing (Lean Data) in an ABM environment, lead scoring, opportunity development)
- Thrives in a matrixed environment with a strong focus on building consensus across multiple revenue functions. Successful track record of being a partner to marketing, sales, customer success, and finance leadership, with the ability to prioritize and balance driving key business objectives with requirements across multiple team members.
- Highly quantitative with excellent analytical thinking skills. Ability to tackle ambiguous problems with data.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with outstanding project management skills and business judgment.
We value diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Want to learn more about us?
How do we work? Remotely. We have been 100% remote since the company was founded and we have it down to a science - - a people science. We huddle as a team weekly and as a company 3 times a week. On Fridays, we come together to learn from each other. One week it might be about opossum rescue. Another week it might be an update on our product roadmap or the results of our customer satisfaction survey. We are all masters of Zoom and love the freedom of working from home - - or vans - - or sailboats.
Sound too good to be true? We haven’t even gotten to our customers! Think about the best retail brands, from your favorite tennis shoes to yoga pants. They’re customers. And, in addition to dozens of specialty retailers, this year we added grocery store, pharmacy, and convenience store brands. In fact, we more than doubled our customers in 2020.
And, the word is getting out. We are featured regularly in the press, mostly because of the results we get from our customers. Here’s a look at just some of the articles published recently. We also picked up some awards in 2020. CBInsights ranked us one of the 100 most promising B2B retail tech companies in the world. And, our CEO was a TechTrailblazer finalist. (Check out her articles on Forbes to see her passion for retail and solving its biggest challenges.)
We have made incredible progress but changing the industry is hard. We are well funded by leading venture capital firms like Emergence Capital and ready to scale. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems should not be the status quo. Help us retool retail.