Homebound's mission is to make it possible for anyone, anywhere to build a home using leveraging technology, and we're already delivering on that mission in places that need it most: communities impacted by natural disasters + communities with massive housing shortages.
With technology behind every step of the process, Homebound delivers unprecedented homeowner experiences + a more efficient build process that will enable us to transform the single family home construction market, and build + rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping hundreds of homeowners in California, Texas and Denver, and with over $180M in capital raised from Thrive, Fifth Wall, Google Ventures, Khosla and more, we are expanding faster than ever to help thousands more. Join us!
Homebound is looking for a Senior Product Designer to bring an elegant and cohesive experience to participants in the Homebound ecosystem. You’ll work across our different squads and teams to create an automated experience for homebuilding.
What you’ll do
- Lead discovery for making our platform actionable. Deliver research findings, UX maps, and prototypes that work to improve our overall experience.
- Partner with your product manager and engineering lead to drive your squad’s OKRs, roadmap, strategy and implementation.
- Be a great product design team member; level-up others, participate in design critiques, and contribute to our design system.
- Communicate efficiently across our cross-functional squads to ensure overlapping areas of work fit into a well thought through information hierarchy.
- Empathize with the complexity of architecture, interior design, construction, and partners; work everyday to make their experience better.
Who you are
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- 6+ years of design experience.
- Deep understanding and application of design thinking methods and principles.
- Expertise in the latest tools to build design with a curiosity to learn new ones.
- Ability to articulate your design work and rationale to your peers and cross-functional team.
- A portfolio showing work with systems thinking, elegant execution and great results.
- Bonus: Proven ability to work with non-technical teams and translate operational needs into a platform experience.
Opportunities at Fifth Wall and our Portfolio Companies
Senior Product Designer, Platform at Homebound
United States of America