The Project Engineer will assist the project management and field teams in coordinating construction project activities throughout the pre-construction and construction phases of the project.
This position will ensure Homebound is successful by supporting the team in maintenance and tracking of all documentation and providing administrative support. In this role, you will lead the team in ensuring each project is set up to track schedule and deliver best in class service to both internal and external facing team members.
What You'll Do
- Maintain all aspects of documentation and ensure all procedures are successful for timely deliverables and responses.
- Responsible for each project's internal and external communication, document management, scope and change management, project logs and coordination with procurement to meet schedule and buy-out goals.
- Ensuring a high level of communication and accountability both internally and externally.
- Manage all project submittals, RFI’s and coordination for field inspections
- Strength in problem solving and providing support to manage a successful project. Take responsibility for the project, the team and the quality.
- Coordination for meetings including scheduling and ensuring all materials are prepared, documentation (i.e. meeting notes) and performing other admin functions
- Monitor all construction activities by tracking the project schedule and ensuring company systems are accurately tracking. This includes: project bids, schedules, budgets, production, quality and management of trade partners, procurement coordination
- Provide project accounting support to obtain lien releases and process invoices.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the project, ability to prepare for OAC meetings, participate in client site visits and hold consultant and trade meetings as required.
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years of experience working as a Project Engineer or field experience managing multiple ongoing residential construction projects; maintaining document controls, assisting in the development and remittance of submittals, RFI’s, change orders, ordering materials, scheduling subcontractors, invoicing and closing outs projects.
- AS degree or greater in business administration, construction management and/or a history of successful experience working within the construction industry as a customer service representative, project coordinator, design center representative, and/or project engineer.
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams to solve critical problems
- Experience taking ambiguous problems and turning them into concrete solutions
- Skilled at using data to inform decision making
- Analytical, problem-solving, organizational, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
Who You Are
- You are organized and have strong attention to detail
- You are an engaging, detail oriented, self-motivated, results-focused professional committed to providing a quality customer experience
- You have the ability to motivate and lead others to meet deadlines and produce deliverables
- You provide a positive and productive work environment in a fast-paced workplace
- Integrity that matches with our core values and will enhance our culture
- Continuous optimizer who is always looking for ways to make things better, faster, more efficient
- Flexible and excited to work on whatever will drive biggest immediate results against what the company currently needs
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication abilities and skills to prioritize activities to complete tasks effectively
This is an exceptional long-term career opportunity within a rapidly growing company.