FP&A Associate at Homebound
United States of America
Homebound’s mission is to make it possible for anyone, anywhere to build a home using leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission in places that need it most: communities impacted by natural disasters + communities with massive housing shortages.
With technology behind every step of the process, Homebound delivers unprecedented homeowner experiences + a more efficient build process that will enable us to transform the single family home construction market, and build + rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping hundreds of homeowners in California and Texas, and with over $70M in capital raised from Thrive, Fifth Wall, Google Ventures, Khosla and more, we are expanding faster than ever to help thousands more. Join us!
About The Role:
As the first FP&A Associate at Homebound, you will be in a unique position to empower decision makers across the company by building and scaling our financial planning, forecasting, and reporting efforts! You will play a key role in all aspects of financial reporting and will develop processes to help Homebound scale. If you enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, analytically rigorous, mission-driven and impact-oriented, read on and apply now!
What You'll Do:
- Partner with accounting and data science teams to build the foundational analytical tools that enable leadership to analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual business results, key performance indicators, and data trends, including monthly reporting on forecast-to-actual variances, and synthesize results to develop critical business insights
- Monitor the health of Homebound’s financials and find recommendations to be presented to the leadership team
- Help teams establish OKRs and track progress against those goals
- Improve our processes and create new ones by using thoughtful analyses, best practices, standardization, and automation to scale with company growth
- Provide financial analytics and support to the broader finance team
- Establish and maintain our financial reporting and forecast software platform, including building out reports and dashboards from software platform
Who You Are:
- 2-4 years of experience in operational FP&A, business strategy / analytics, or other analytically-intensive roles at either high-growth technology startups or well-established companies
- Deep understanding or strong desire to learn financial modeling, valuation methods, and key metrics used in the real estate or marketplace industries; strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Interpersonal and cross-functional collaboration skills with the ability to summarize complex data in a clear and concise manner
- Service-oriented attitude characterized by strong listening skills and the desire to achieve shared success
- Knowledge of Looker and/or Host Analytics (or comparable modeling applications) a plus
- BS / BA in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or equivalent work experience
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.