Software Engineer - Enterprise at Opendoor
United States of America
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team:
Since Opendoor first started operating in 2014, we’ve learned a lot about buying, managing, and selling real estate. The Enterprise unit with Opendoor aims to share our learnings by offering our technology and processes to institutional single-family-home investment partners. This team is building a modern platform for transactions, offering a wide range of services such as brokerage and title.
About the Role:
What you should expect as a software engineer working on our Enterprise team — maximum agency, tight feedback loops with customers, and no shortage of problems that directly translate to business value! As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to design, build and ship massive data pipelines, complex workflow management systems, and software tools that enable us to operate at a scale that would otherwise not be humanly possible. Our products are built with Python, Typescript, and React, though we occasionally also work on services written in Ruby, and Go.
- Contributing to all phases of software development including ideation, prototyping, design and production
- Building products, tools and services from scratch, as well as evolving existing systems
- Applying your technical expertise to guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic design decisions[
- Partnering with product managers, designers, and operators to identify and solve customer pain points
- Hiring and mentoring other engineers on the Homebase team and across Opendoor
- A track record of approximately 2+ years building and delivering production quality software systems
- Excellent communication skills — clear written and oral communication is important to our ability to operate as a remote team
- Strong engineering fundamentals — we don’t require knowledge of specific languages or technologies; instead we value transferable experience writing & debugging code, scaling existing services, and designing/architecting new software systems
- A strong sense of ownership and customer empathy — we work very closely with our internal and external customers, and maintaining positive working relationships with them is paramount to the success of our business