Zipline is 100% remote and accepts applicants from Canada & the US.
Hi. We’re Zipline! We’re helping put technology into the hands of those that need it most - - retail workers. If you have worked in a store, you know the drill. You’re helping customers, ringing up orders, and trying to do the 30 tasks that HQ wants you to do. Some pertain to you. Some don’t. But that’s for you to figure out… all while putting out fires and keeping shelves tidy.
That’s where we come in! We turn the grind of retail communications into an engaging, effective, aha solution. The Zipline platform ensures that the right people get the right information in the right way. Everyone is on the same page, tasks are tracked and life feels less like a perpetual game of hair-on-fire.
At Zipline, our Tier 2 Customer Support Engineers help improve the lives of our customers by supporting our front-line Support team and our Account Managers. We’re hiring a Customer Support Engineer who wants to help us continue to deliver the responsive, friendly, first-class customer service that our customers love and appreciate! If you are an empathetic, technically skilled problem solver with a knack for digging to the root of problems and offering solutions, then you are what we’re looking for!
- Support our frontline Customer Support team and Account managers with technical solutions to customer issues.
- Take lead on identifying and escalating issues across multiple business units within Retail Zipline (e.g. Account Management, Customer Success, Engineering, Product Management, etc.)
- Provide solutions to customer issues by developing scripts and processes to ensure data integrity.
- Proactively take on challenges, research information, troubleshoot problems, and creatively deliver results.
- Help create and maintain internal documentation.
- Develop troubleshooting tips and tools to use in the diagnosis
- You have a strong understanding of systems architecture, database design, and the ruby language.
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills and a real passion for problem-solving
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented, with exceptional critical-thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS
- Good understanding of Ruby, web Services, API, and IP based protocols
- Experience working with large scale rails applications
- Understanding of PostgreSQL/MySQL, or other database systems is a plus
What's in it for you:
- Remote: Join an effective remote team and work where you're comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We've done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City.
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
We value diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Want to learn more about us?
How do we work? Remotely. We have been 100% remote since the company was founded and we have it down to a science - - a people science. We huddle as a team weekly and as a company 3 times a week. On Fridays, we come together to learn from each other. One week it might be about opossum rescue. Another week it might be an update on our product roadmap or the results of our customer satisfaction survey. We are all masters of Zoom and love the freedom of working from home - - or vans - - or sailboats.
Sound too good to be true? We haven’t even gotten to our customers! Think about the best retail brands, from your favorite tennis shoes to yoga pants. They’re customers. And, in addition to dozens of specialty retailers, this year we added grocery store, pharmacy, and convenience store brands. In fact, we more than doubled our customers in 2020.
And, the word is getting out. We are featured regularly in the press, mostly because of the results we get from our customers. Here’s a look at just some of the articles published recently. We also picked up some awards in 2020. CBInsights ranked us one of the 100 most promising B2B retail tech companies in the world. And, our CEO was a TechTrailblazer finalist. (Check out her articles on Forbes to see her passion for retail and solving its biggest challenges.)
We have made incredible progress but changing the industry is hard. We are well funded by leading venture capital firms like Emergence Capital and ready to scale. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems should not be the status quo. Help us retool retail.