Data Engineer (Remote/US) at Ergatta
New York, US
Ergatta is looking for an amazing Data Engineer to join its talented software engineering team! We are looking for a savvy data engineer who can work with our various disparate data sources, manage and improve our ETL pipelines, and ensure that data is modeled properly in our data warehouse. Ergatta has data coming in from many different places! We have quite a bit of product usage data, including second-by-second progress data; we have product usage analytics; and we have marketing data we are trying to analyze as well.
You’ll be working closely with our engineering teams to understand data generated in our product. You’ll work with product and marketing teams to understand marketing and analytics data. And you’ll work closely with our analytics and insights team to make sure data is warehoused, represented, and modeled in a way that drives actionable insights for the business. You’ll develop, test, and maintain database architecture and pipelines for large-scale processing systems.
- Create and maintain data pipeline architecture
- Model and assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
- Optimize data delivery and re-design infrastructure for greater scalability
- Build the infrastructure required for performant extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies
- Build the tools and infrastructure required to validate that ETL processes are up-to-date and without gaps
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support data infrastructure needs
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proficiency with data warehouse technologies, such as AWS Redshift or Google BigQuery
- Proficiency with RDBMS technologies, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with ETL processes and building pipelines
- Experience with data modeling toolsFamiliarity with data infrastructure for machine learning applications
- Familiarity with the basics of distributed systems
- Proficiency in Python, Java, Scala, or similar
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with BigQuery
- Familiarity with DBT
- Experience with data science tools and processes
Ergatta is changing the motivation that moves people. We are a team of bright, driven, and innovative thinkers on a mission to build a new consumer category: game-based home fitness. Our flagship product, the Ergatta Rower, provides a competitive and personalized full-body rowing workout through an engaging game-based interface. Our products are sustainably-made in New England from American cherrywood and designed to be on display.
As fitness activity increasingly shifts into the home, we believe the big winners will be those who innovate around what is on the screen. Our content provides a new and uniquely addictive consumer experience, radically different from traditional instructor-led offerings.
Ergatta recently closed a $30M Series A, led by Advanced Venture Partners and joined by Greycroft, Fifth Wall, Gaingels, and Hans Tung (GCV). Off the heels of that capital raise, we are expanding our game studio, breaking into new verticals, and continuing to challenge the way at-home fitness “should” look and feel.
However, above all else, we are investing in our company’s most important asset: our people.
Three Reasons to Join Ergatta:
1. Build something new - Rollerblade invented inline skating. Airbnb created home-sharing. Being a part of Ergatta is a chance to define a new frontier for fitness.
2. Be on the founding team - We are a small but mighty team. As a part of the first 75 founding team, you have an opportunity to shape the future of the company and product experience.
3. Define & accelerate your career - This is a place full of brilliant category experts to learn from, resources to take your career to the next level, and space to chart your own path.
Benefits and Perks:
Ergatta offers competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, in addition to:
+ Unlimited vacation & paid holidays - our philosophy is that life is all about balance, and we encourage our employees to take time off to recharge when they need it. We observe 12 paid holidays as a company, to unplug and celebrate with friends and family!
+ Paid Parental Leave - we want our employees to take time off and have a smooth, worry-free transition back to work when they’re welcoming a new member to the family!
+ Flexible work hours and WFH policy - the traditional workplace is evolving and we’re listening. We operate on a hybrid model, with some of our employees working fully remotely. Our NYC-based staff comes into the office at twice a week and we offer WFH stipends to all F/T employees so they can be productive wherever they are working from.
+ Free Rower - we consider this an investment in your mental and physical wellbeing. Every Ergatta employee gets a free rower, and fully covered membership.
+ Weekly happy hours & regular company gatherings - simply put, we love spending time together! Ergatta employees know how to have fun (we even have an illustrious “Party Planning Committee!”) and we get together as a group - both in person and virtually- whenever possible.
Ergatta champions diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We look forward to meeting you,
The Ergatta Team