Associate Product Manager at Notarize
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer, bringing industries like real estate, automotive, and financial services into the digital age. We’re the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions.
We’re proud to play an integral role for our customers -- from individuals to major enterprises -- in making life’s most important moments better.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%!) in the past year. In September 2021 we came in at #114 on Inc.’s list of the 5000 fastest-growing companies in the nation. We raised an additional $130 million in Series D funding in March of this year -- backed by industry behemoths like Capital G/Google, Citi, and Wells Fargo -- and we recently announced a major strategic partnership with Adobe.
Notarize is the pioneer and market leader in Remote Online Notarization (RON), and we’re building the team that will operate a critical platform in tomorrow’s fully-remote economy. Come join us!
Notarize is proud to be a fully-distributed, remote-first team. Employees can work from anywhere in the United States -- all 50 states and D.C too.
As our Associate Product Manager for the FAST (Finance, Admin, Security, Tooling) team, you’ll work closely with our product, engineering, finance and internal ops teams to improve the experience for a range of internal customers within Notarize. You’ll seek out high impact opportunities to improve our margins by helping to make our internal teams more efficient and our experience more secure. And you’ll dive deeply into the data to determine the signal from the noise and measure the impact of your work on the business.
Day-to-day, you’ll connect with internal partners, stakeholders & teams across the company to solve human-centric problems and unlock opportunities, while bringing product expertise to bear on defining problems, contributing to the design of solutions, prioritizing resources strategically, and partnering with engineers to ensure the timely delivery of valuable features and updates to our product.
What you'll do as a Associate Product Manager at Notarize:
- Enable our ops teams to deliver better experiences for our customers by using their time for more strategic, high value work
- Make jobs on our operations teams more desirable by reducing manual, low value work that could easily be automated
- Expand the capabilities of our admin portal so internal teams, especially Customer Support, Success and Ops teams can confidently self-serve common requests to take the load off of engineering on-call resources
- Collect & analyze data to prioritize work, measure success, and foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Advocate for our your customers by ideating and championing intuitive, user-focused fixes & features while driving meaningful business results
- Remove bottlenecks, document requirements and ensure your engineering team has a well-groomed board full of clearly defined, high impact, appropriately scoped work
- Communicate product plans and success measures, and share your team’s progress and learnings across the company
- Learn a ton, have fun, and be part of a unique opportunity in tech to make people’s lives easier
What we're looking for:
- 1-3 years of product management experience, solving thorny problems with thoughtful solutions
- Open, collaborative communication style, with an ability to explain complex ideas or data to non-technical colleagues
- Creative flexibility – ability to pivot quickly as business needs change, while continually alternating between getting deep in the technical weeds and zooming out to consider the larger business goals
- Startup initiative – the ability to self-manage, find creative ways to work through barriers, actively learn new and necessary skills, and manage projects to completion with minimal supervision
- Growth mindset – a desire to be challenged through learning & growth in a rapidly evolving environment
- Passion for user experience – a love for intuitive design and an obsession with getting the little details right, as well as a drive to continually improve the customer experience
- Experience using Jira and an understanding of the fundamentals of Agile product development
- Some previous experience with SQL (MySQL, Postgres, etc.) would be a bonus
We're looking for problem solvers, and we believe in continuous learning -- don't worry if you don't check all these boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.