Director, Legal Operations at Notarize
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer, bringing industries like real estate, automotive, and financial services into the digital age. We’re the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions.
We’re proud to play an integral role for our customers -- from individuals to major enterprises -- in making life’s most important moments better.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%!) in the past year. In September 2021 we came in at #114 on Inc.’s list of the 5000 fastest-growing companies in the nation. We raised an additional $130 million in Series D funding in March of this year -- backed by industry behemoths like Capital G/Google, Citi, and Wells Fargo -- and we recently announced a major strategic partnership with Adobe.
Notarize is the pioneer and market leader in Remote Online Notarization (RON), and we’re building the team that will operate a critical platform in tomorrow’s fully-remote economy. Come join us!
Notarize is proud to be a fully-distributed, remote-first team. Employees can work from anywhere in the United States -- all 50 states and D.C too.
We're looking for collaborative, analytical, and detail-oriented individual to lead the development of our legal operations function. This is a new role, reporting to our General Counsel. As our Director of Legal Operations, you'll develop and implement strategies to continually improve the operational effectiveness of the Legal team, facilitating communication across functional areas (including Procurement, Contract Management, Content Management, and Project Coordination) in order to foster a highly effective and highly responsive environment.
What you’ll do as the Director, Legal Operations at Notarize:
- Develop and implement a Legal Ops strategy to support Legal team efficiency and effectiveness
- Translate strategic plans into team goals and priorities, and develop and execute on the Department's short and long-term operational goals
- Assist to buildout and oversee our Procurement, Contract Management, and Content Management functions & personnel, owning our Legal Department technology strategy and our vendor relationships
- Develop and report on KPIs (e.g. spend analysis, efficiency initiatives); monitor progress to measure success against plan
- Ensure effective departmental budget management, planning and tracking, expense analysis and forecasting
- Act as a Legal Operations liaison for the entire Legal Department, assisting where needed and identifying opportunities for improvement and collaboration across the team
- Build ad-hoc analysis to improve the efficiency of the Legal organization
- Develop and implement internal process guidelines, templates, and workflows
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years’ experience managing complex projects for in-house legal departments; experience in building a legal ops function from the ground up is a huge plus
- At least 2+ years' people management experience
- Previous experience working in-house at a tech/SaaS/startup company
- Strong understanding of a wide variety of legal technologies and software such as ebilling, document management and contract management systems
- Superior project management and organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to track and analyze data to show results
- Ability to analyze operational issues, diagnose problem areas and provide the leadership necessary to effectuate change
- Superior oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders, external partners and internal staff
- A highly-motivated and strategic mindset - a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) who is willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Experience with modern SaaS tech stack a huge plus (Salesforce, Monday.com, Jira, Zendesk, Hubspot, Marketo, etc).
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.