Internal Communications Manager, Learning & Development at Notarize
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer, bringing industries like real estate, automotive, and financial services into the digital age. We’re the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions.
We’re proud to play an integral role for our customers -- from individuals to major enterprises -- in making life’s most important moments better.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%!) in the past year. In September 2021 we came in at #114 on Inc.’s list of the 5000 fastest-growing companies in the nation. We raised an additional $130 million in Series D funding in March of this year -- backed by industry behemoths like Capital G/Google, Citi, and Wells Fargo -- and we recently announced a major strategic partnership with Adobe.
Notarize is the pioneer and market leader in Remote Online Notarization (RON), and we’re building the team that will operate a critical platform in tomorrow’s fully-remote economy. Come join us!
Notarize is proud to be a fully-distributed, remote-first team. Employees can work from anywhere in the United States -- all 50 states and D.C too.
If you want to help customers fundamentally change the way their businesses operate then we should talk. Our mission is to drive long-term value for Notarize’s customers (and for their signers) through tailored consultation on product and industry best practices. The Learning & Development team at Notarize is responsible for planning, developing, executing, and measuring dynamic and engaging learning programs for all employees to aid in their personal and professional development and growth.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Learning Systems, this role will be responsible for the management of process and mechanisms used to communicate to our internal audiences, as well as, the support of content development. The right candidate will balance the needs of our growing, fast-paced organization with a thoughtful, thorough, and well-designed communication strategy.
What you’ll do as Internal Communications Manager, L&D at Notarize:
- Drive the development of high-quality communications strategy for our internal audiences to be shared across various vehicles that strengthen employee engagement and promotes learning across the organization.
- Keep a pulse on organizational initiatives and projects to support targeted messaging.
- Develop and author a variety of internal and executive communications including presentation, internal announcements, newsletters and blog posts to be delivered across a variety of our communication channels.
- Ensure messaging is consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization.
- Partner cross-functionally with internal teams like Learning & Development, Human Resources, Corporate Communications, Marketing, Product and Leadership to execute communication plans from concept to delivery, identifying strategies, tactics and messages.
- Manage the company’s internal communication such as our employee intranet site, weekly newsletter, walkme workstation and slack channels.
- Curate content by maintaining the editorial calendar by collecting, researching and developing stories to be shared across our internal channels.
- Utilize email, video, recording and emerging media to most effectively distribute content.
- Establish a communication review process to document stakeholder feedback.
- Share ideas and expertise and further progressive, innovative thinking about employee communications within Notarize.
- Develop a process to monitor key metrics to ensure achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Leverage data to make recommendations and decisions regarding communications strategies, plans and investments.
- Partner with Instructional Designer on the Learning & Development team to create communications templates that align with the Learning & Development team brand identity.
- Manage vendor relationships as appropriate.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of related experience in successful delivery and ownership of an internal communications strategy.
- Proven record of exceptional program management. Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills to build relationships and informal networks
- Highly-developed writing, editing and proofreading skills
- The ability to prioritize, work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- A polished communicator with significant exposure influencing senior leadership as key stakeholders and constituents
- Ability to work from a strategic perspective, developing creative, innovative and visionary approaches
- Experience transforming raw data into polished insights and business intelligence
- Understanding of Learning Management Systems and other adult learning tools
- Strong leadership, creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, act with a sense of urgency, and interface with all levels of the organization
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter. Dynamic and welcoming with high emotional intelligence.
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a professional and can-do attitude
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.