Legal Intern at Notarize
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer, bringing industries like real estate, automotive, and financial services into the digital age. We’re the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions.
We’re proud to play an integral role for our customers -- from individuals to major enterprises -- in making life’s most important moments better.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%!) in the past year. In September 2021 we came in at #114 on Inc.’s list of the 5000 fastest-growing companies in the nation. We raised an additional $130 million in Series D funding in March of this year -- backed by industry behemoths like Capital G/Google, Citi, and Wells Fargo -- and we recently announced a major strategic partnership with Adobe.
Notarize is the pioneer and market leader in Remote Online Notarization (RON), and we’re building the team that will operate a critical platform in tomorrow’s fully-remote economy. Come join us!
Notarize is proud to be a fully-distributed, remote-first team. Employees can work from anywhere in the United States -- all 50 states and D.C too.
Notarize is looking for a thoughtful, communicative, curious, and motivated individual to join our remote-first team as a Legal Intern. In this role, you’ll be involved in a wide range of projects, from compliance to contracting. You’ll work with leaders and teams across the organization as you assist in streamlining processes to foster effective cross-functional collaboration.
Notarize is improving the way businesses and individuals execute the most important transactions of their lives, including real estate, institutional investment/retirement, insurance, healthcare, and wealth management transactions, among others. This requires us to understand and evaluate a host of existing federal and state laws, rules and licensing regimes as well as a host of federal, state and local customs and practices, and to apply them in a compliant way in the context of a digital and online process.
This dynamic and pivotal role is great for a candidate who wants hands-on experience helping a legal tech startup company scale against an expansive vision.
What you'll do as a Legal Intern at Notarize:
- Aid in drafting and negotiating customer and vendor agreements including license agreements, non-disclosure agreements and subscriber agreements.
- Monitoring, and researching state and federal law as they may relate to remote online notarizations and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers.
- Partnering with internal business partners to meet legal requests.
- Review and revise current company policies to ensure legal compliance.
- Assist with automation and improving efficiencies related to contract negotiations.
What we’re looking for:
- Currently enrolled in law school as a 2L
- Strong academic record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Motivation to learn and grow
- Prior internship experience a plus
- Exposure to SaaS/tech industry a plus
- Fully remote in the U.S.
- 32-40 hours per week
- Internship will begin in late May 2022 and last through August 2022
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.