Legal Support Specialist at Notarize
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer, bringing industries like real estate, automotive, and financial services into the digital age. We’re the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions.
We’re proud to play an integral role for our customers -- from individuals to major enterprises -- in making life’s most important moments better.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%!) in the past year. In September 2021 we came in at #114 on Inc.’s list of the 5000 fastest-growing companies in the nation. We raised an additional $130 million in Series D funding in March of this year -- backed by industry behemoths like Capital G/Google, Citi, and Wells Fargo -- and we recently announced a major strategic partnership with Adobe.
Notarize is the pioneer and market leader in Remote Online Notarization (RON), and we’re building the team that will operate a critical platform in tomorrow’s fully-remote economy. Come join us!
Notarize is proud to be a fully-distributed, remote-first team. Employees can work from anywhere in the United States -- all 50 states and D.C too.
Notarize is looking for an organized and collaborative individual to join our remote-first team as a Legal Support Specialist.
As a technology company focused on providing secure remote online notarizations, we're required to understand and evaluate a host of laws, licensing requirements, and a host of customs and practices at the federal, state, and local levels. In this role, you'll provide real-time support for our legal helpdesk, collaborating with other teams to create resources and structures that help enforce compliant use of the platform.
This is a great opportunity for an early-career candidate who wants hands-on experience helping a legal tech startup company scale against an expansive vision.
As our Legal Support Specialist, you will:
- Create resources and structures for other teams that help enforce compliant use of the platform.
- Assist in the review of training and other legally relevant materials created by other internal teams.
- Monitor and resolve real-time legal support tickets that are raised in Jira and Slack
- Assist with and see projects through to completion by coordinating resources and timetables with teams of focus.
- Perform other related duties such as assisting with notary law compliance and dealing with intellectual property issues.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience working with a legal and/or compliance team in a corporate environment.
- Strong organizational & communication skills, with an ability to interact professionally and effectively across the organization.
- Tech savviness (experience with Confluence and Jira are a plus).
- A demonstrated willingness to be part of an egoless, “all hands on deck” team, doing whatever needs to get done to move the business forward
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands and deadlines while maintaining high attention to detail.
- Comfort seeking information directly, identifying resources and delivering results without waiting for direction.
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for working on a wide variety of projects, some of which may be outside of your direct experience.
- Ability to act with discretion in a highly confidential environment.
- Paralegal certification or JD a plus.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.