Interior Designer at Parallel
San Francisco, CA, US
At Lyric, Interior Designers have the unique opportunity to define a new tech-forward category within the travel and hospitality space, work with content strategists, designers, engineers, developers, interior designers, and a wide variety of other product-forward thinkers to design and deliver new experiences.
Interior design at Lyric is collaborative, fluid and evolving. In this role, you’ll use a strong brand lens to create design elements, refine and iterate on existing standards and help shape our present and future guest experience. As a member of our Brand team, you will be responsible for supporting and owningprojects across a broad range of services from concept development to installs and construction, including guest experience and strategy, portfolio strategy, and brand management.
Our ideal candidate is organized, innovative, knowledgeable and forward-thinking in their support of complex projects. Reporting to the Interior Design Director, our Interior Designers will collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure our designs are as flexible, functional, scalable and cost-effective as they are iconic. As a member of this small and ambitious team, you will have the opportunity to directly impact Lyric’s footprint while carving your own path.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Design Director and team to support the evolution and refinement of the brand framework based on the brand foundation, positioning and core values
- Supports the Design Director and team to develop leading edge, and innovative interior design solutions and standards for the Lyric creative suites and hospitality brand.
- Helps the Senior Interior Designer and team develop and manage scalable systems for consistent interior design across Lyric’s hospitality portfolio in collaboration with Lyric’s hospitality and field operations teams
- Supports the Senior Interior Designers and team research of concepts and materials through the use of both CAD and 3D representation software, both Revit and Sketchup or sim.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively and professionally with multidisciplinary team members
- Produces schematic plans, specifications, material selections and schedules for leadership level and cross functional approval. Manages and reviews external arch/designers for production of construction documentation as required for each project.
- Provides assistance in FF&E sourcing along with maintaining specific vendor relations.
- Possesses general project management skills including but not limited to development and tracking of budgets, schedules
- Ability to understand financial implications of design as well as interpret guest feedback and how that informs and influences design feedback and implementation
- Ability to participate and contribute to interview preparation, marketing efforts and general events that help grow/positively position the business
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree from an accredited Interior Design or Architecture program required
- 5-8+ years of architectural interior design experience
- Experience with space planning, design detailing, finish and furniture selections, and construction documentation
- Experience with furniture design, manufacturing and product development
- Technical skills including 2D/3D visualization and knowledge of modeling programs a plus (Revit,Autocad, Sketchup)
- NCIDQ certification or Licensed Architect, a plus
- LEED certification a plus
- Excellent presentation, communication and follow through skills
- Excellent design skills and possesses attention to detail and appreciation for creative and thoughtful design
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Your first 90 Days…
- Orient yourself with the key brand experiences and initiatives
- Support the execution of at least one market launch/install
- Provide material selection support, and physical finish/mood board development
- Begin taking design ownership of one project under the guidance of the Senior Interior Designer, specifically around the narrative/concept and how it fits within the broader future brand presence.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office
Lyric is building the next great hospitality company.
We design and manage premium short-term rentals, that combine the spaciousness of an apartment, the amenities of a 4-star hotel, the productivity of your favorite work space, and the creative inspiration of an artistic studio.
Powering everything we do is a proprietary software and data platform designed to inform every aspect of our operations - from location selection to inventory design, revenue management to personalized guest experiences.
The global accommodations industry is worth more than $1T/year, but it hasn’t kept up with the needs of today’s modern traveler. Lyric is changing that.
We set out to re-imagine what this future will look like, and we'd love to have you along as part of that journey!
We are a fast growing team founded by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by a number of the largest and most respected VC’s in the world. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we're hiring top talent across all business units!