- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Hardware
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: 3dfortify.com
- Company Address: 510 Rutherford Ave, Suite One , Boston, MA , 02129
About FortifyFortify is transforming the 3D printing industry with its patented DCM (Digital Composite Manufacturing) platform. DCM delivers new levels of additively manufactured part performance by introducing aligned reinforcing fibers.
We are building a world-class Applications team to solve high-value, industry-wide problems that fully leverage Fortify’s unique manufacturing platform. We are seeking a Senior RF Applications Engineer with an extensive background in mmWave/RF antenna/phased array design and a track record of carrying designs into production. In this role, you will be providing technical support and leadership for the development and delivery unique RF devices, such as GRIN lenses, impedance-matching substrates, and solid dielectric components, that leverage Fortify’s unique low-loss material palette and manufacturing capabilities. Leveraging their previous RF antenna design experience as well as design for additive manufacturing principles, the individual in this role will be an expert at fabricating unique RF devices and distilling these learnings to better serve our customers. Working at the interface between our Sales team and our Engineering team, you will solve a variety of complex customer problems while thriving in a sales environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design novel 3D printed, low loss devices and components, such as lenses and waveguides, that leverage Fortify’s unique manufacturing capabilities and software platform
- Work in design software such as CST and HFSS, as well as internal Fortify software, to design, model, and optimize highly integrated antenna assemblies
- Marry traditional RF design principles with the freedom of geometry afforded by additive to create novel structures and designs that provide unique RF function that meet and exceed our customer’s requirements and expectations
- Work with our customers to assist in the design, development, and manufacturing of RF devices printed on our platform
- Provide feedback to our Engineering teams to describe ways to improve the product(s) to better serve the RF industry
- Generate documentation (reports, benchmarking studies, technical marketing briefs) and present at speaking opportunities such as seminars and conferences
- Work collaboratively with Fortify’s internal additive manufacturing experts to create sample parts and prototypes for our customers
- MS or PhD Electrical Engineer, or other related field
- 5+ years of RF antenna design experience including phased array design experience
- Familiarity RF design and simulation software such as HFSS and CST
- Antenna near field and range testing experience preferred
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills; strong listener who also exhibits empathy
- Local or hybrid is preferred, but remote work acceptable for strong candidates.
- Thorough understanding of various models of network analyzer
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity stake in a fast-growing business
- Premium Medical and Dental
- FSA and Commuter Benefits available
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO/WFH Policies
- Participation in bringing game changing technology to the world
Please note that benefits will be different for hourly positions.
Our offices are located in the heart of Charlestown within Hood Park and directly next to the Hood milk stack. The park is currently undergoing a major transformation to include retail, dining, and green space (check out the plans https://hoodpark.com/).
Think you have what it takes, but don’t check every box? Please apply anyway! Let’s chat— you could bring just the perspective we needed.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.