- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Hardware
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: 3dfortify.com
- Company Address: 510 Rutherford Ave, Suite One , Boston, MA , 02129
About FortifyFortify is transforming the 3D printing industry with its patented DCM (Digital Composite Manufacturing) platform. DCM delivers new levels of additively manufactured part performance by introducing aligned reinforcing fibers.
As a Systems Test Engineer you will be directly responsible for the testing and validation of electromechanical systems for Fortify’s 3D printers. You will interface with an interdisciplinary team to deliver integrated electro-mechanical systems. A Systems Test Engineer will provide critical input to mechanical, electrical and firmware engineering teams. You will take primary ownership of designing, executing and analyzing tests to support sustaining engineering, new product development, and R&D.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a hands-on technical lead to integrate Fortify's mechanical, electrical and firmware subsystems into a working product
- Independently design, execute, analyze and document tests on Fortify's 3D printers
- Inform engineering teams about design decisions based on testing results
- Characterize performance windows of Flux-series products
- Contribute to development of printer control algorithms
- Test new firmware features and code releases
- Develop calibration procedures for Fortify machines
- Contribute to testing and design of early-stage R&D concepts for next-generation systems
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or similar
- 3+ years working in a hands-on role on hardware products
- Can present examples of test plans, test execution and data analysis
- Experience with:
- Data analysis
- System instrumentation and data collection
- Basic electrical engineering principles
- Motor-driven systems
- Hardware debugging
- Fluid systems
- Ability to work independently
- Managing development timelines and risks
Highly desirable additional skills
- Statistical data analysis
- Basic programming skills (Matlab, LabView or Python)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity stake in a fast-growing business
- Premium Medical and Dental
- FSA and Commuter Benefits available
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO/WFH Policies
- Participation in bringing game changing technology to the world
Please note that benefits will be different for hourly positions.
Our offices are located in the heart of Charlestown within Hood Park and directly next to the Hood milk stack. The park is currently undergoing a major transformation to include retail, dining, and green space (check out the plans https://hoodpark.com/).
Think you have what it takes, but don’t check every box? Please apply anyway! Let’s chat— you could bring just the perspective we needed.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.