- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Hardware
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: 3dfortify.com
- Company Address: 510 Rutherford Ave, Suite One , Boston, MA , 02129
About FortifyFortify is transforming the 3D printing industry with its patented DCM (Digital Composite Manufacturing) platform. DCM delivers new levels of additively manufactured part performance by introducing aligned reinforcing fibers.
As a Sustaining Mechanical Engineer, you will be directly responsible for designing, prototyping, and testing of subsystems within Fortify’s 3D printers. You will interface with an interdisciplinary team to help integrate electrical, embedded, and materials disciplines into a seamless product. A Sustaining Mechanical Engineer should expect to own the designs of subsystems involving motors, moving parts, mechanics, heat transfer and fluid dynamics. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities for product improvement, and executing on those changes through validated mechanical design changes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design mechanical subsystems for Fortify’s Flux series of printers
- Implement product improvements targeted at design for manufacturing, user experience and cost reduction
- Validate effectiveness of design changes before implementation on the manufacturing line and in the field
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams to identify and solve product performance issues
- Generate documentation such as drawings, assembly instructions, and test reports
- Contribute regularly to system design brainstorms & design reviews
- 5+ years of professional experience designing mechanical systems
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- History of delivering product design improvements to products that are already in production
- Can present a strong portfolio of mechanical design, prototyping and testing experience
- Strong knowledge of electromechanical system design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CAD: Master modeling
- DFM for sheet metal, machining
- Generating engineering drawings for manufacturing
- Mechanical FEA
- Data-driven design approaches
- Designing products for user experience
- Designing for cost reduction
- PLM systems and ECO processes
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity stake in a fast-growing business
- Premium Medical and Dental
- FSA and Commuter Benefits available
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO/WFH Policies
- Participation in bringing game changing technology to the world
Please note that benefits will be different for hourly positions.
Our offices are located in the heart of Charlestown within Hood Park and directly next to the Hood milk stack. The park is currently undergoing a major transformation to include retail, dining, and green space (check out the plans https://hoodpark.com/).
Think you have what it takes, but don’t check every box? Please apply anyway! Let’s chat— you could bring just the perspective we needed.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.