- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Hardware
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: 3dfortify.com
- Company Address: 510 Rutherford Ave, Suite One , Boston, MA , 02129
About FortifyFortify is transforming the 3D printing industry with its patented DCM (Digital Composite Manufacturing) platform. DCM delivers new levels of additively manufactured part performance by introducing aligned reinforcing fibers.
As an Electrical Engineer you will be directly responsible for the development and testing of electronics systems for Fortify’s 3D printers. You will interface with a highly interdisciplinary team to deliver integrated electro-mechanical systems. An Electrical Engineer should expect to drive architectural and topological decisions related to electrical system solutions and develop circuits to bring to fruition those designs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong individual contributor to Fortify’s Fluxprint electrical system design including AC, DC, controls and communication
- Transition existing board designs to volume production
- Write test plans and procedures to validate functional performance
- Test, validate, and document design performance
- Develop testing plan to validate manufacturing success before boards are installed in a system
- Re-design PCBs from the ground up for future 3D printers
- Develop and maintain system-level electrical documentation
- Support regulatory compliance initiatives
- Support firmware engineers to develop code to control PCBs
- BSEE or equivalent
- 1+ years analog, digital, and power electronics experience
- Can present examples of designed circuits
- Experience with:
- CAD: Schematic Capture and Layout
- Digital circuit design including high I/O count microcontrollers
- Digital communications physical layer implementation
- Analog amplifier and buffering circuits
- Thermal considerations
- Noise, EMI, shielding, and isolation techniques
- System-level product compliance
- Ability to work independently
- Managing development timelines and risks
Highly desirable additional skills
- Working knowledge familiarity with build scripts
- Understanding of electromechanical systems
- Strong understanding of motor control and/or control theory
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity stake in a fast-growing business
- Premium Medical and Dental
- FSA and Commuter Benefits available
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO/WFH Policies
- Participation in bringing game changing technology to the world
Please note that benefits will be different for hourly positions.
Our offices are located in the heart of Charlestown within Hood Park and directly next to the Hood milk stack. The park is currently undergoing a major transformation to include retail, dining, and green space (check out the plans https://hoodpark.com/).
Think you have what it takes, but don’t check every box? Please apply anyway! Let’s chat— you could bring just the perspective we needed.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.