- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Manufacturing
- Industry: Hardware
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: 3dfortify.com
- Company Address: 510 Rutherford Ave, Suite One , Boston, MA , 02129
About FortifyFortify is transforming the 3D printing industry with its patented DCM (Digital Composite Manufacturing) platform. DCM delivers new levels of additively manufactured part performance by introducing aligned reinforcing fibers.
We are looking for a Materials Associate to join our dynamic, growing, materials focused team within Fortify. You will carry out materials production tasks and QA/QC tests for our product lines. You will also handle equipment maintenance tasks as well as waste management and safety tasks as needed. This position will also involve database driven record keeping of production process variables. As part of the Fortify team, you will build an understanding of the basic science of Digital Composite Manufacturing and understand the significance and context of your results within the scope of advanced technical materials. You will report directly to the Senior Product Engineer, closely collaborate with our R&D and operations teams, and be located at our Boston HQ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run production processes for all our fiber product lines
- Blend, filter, and package our composite resin product lines
- Maintain equipment used in production process according to a maintenance plan
- Carry out QA/QC tests on produced materials according to a quality plan
- Record data and maintain a database for production process variables
- Contribute to a companywide culture of data diligence
- Conduct waste management tasks
- Conduct safety related tasks
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience working hands on with materials
- Highly motivated individual with demonstrated work ethic
- Detail oriented and highly reliable approach to data collection
- Ability to carry out complex processes with precision and diligence
- Very organized and clean worker in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks within a day based on dependencies
- Ability to communicate and maintain organizational documents
- Ability to use basic text editing software for data collection
Highly Desirable Attributes:
- Familiarity with DLP 3D printing technology
- Hands-on experience with materials handling
- Training with industrial equipment or processes
- Willingness to contribute and learn materials technologies
- Interest and desire for additive manufacturing
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity stake in a fast-growing business
- Premium Medical and Dental
- FSA and Commuter Benefits available
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO/WFH Policies
- Participation in bringing game changing technology to the world
Please note that benefits will be different for hourly positions.
Our offices are located in the heart of Charlestown within Hood Park and directly next to the Hood milk stack. The park is currently undergoing a major transformation to include retail, dining, and green space (check out the plans https://hoodpark.com/).
Think you have what it takes, but don’t check every box? Please apply anyway! Let’s chat— you could bring just the perspective we needed.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.