- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: Hardware
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: 3dfortify.com
- Company Address: 510 Rutherford Ave, Suite One , Boston, MA , 02129
About FortifyFortify is transforming the 3D printing industry with its patented DCM (Digital Composite Manufacturing) platform. DCM delivers new levels of additively manufactured part performance by introducing aligned reinforcing fibers.
At Fortify we believe that additive manufacturing, also called 3D Printing, is going to enable a step change in innovation by revolutionizing the way products are designed and manufactured. We have created a unique and patented additive manufacturing platform that is focused on high-value composite applications spanning many industries, including aerospace, consumer electronics, consumer products, medical devices and defense, just to name a few. By combining proprietary hardware, workflow software and materials we deliver best-in-class engineering properties, surface finish and dimensional control to our customers, enabling them to create products that would otherwise be impossible.
The Product Management team at Fortify is responsible for understanding the needs of the customer and ensuring that our products deliver the transformational functionality that will take our customers’ products to the next level, while ensuring that our products meet our internal reliability and economic requirements.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Senior Product Manager who is passionate about the convergence of hardware and software, and excels at bridging the technical and business worlds to create world-class high-tech products. In this role you will lead cross functional teams to define, manage and implement our application-focused product roadmaps, which includes our portfolio of 3D printers and materials. We are looking for an individual who can lead the product management process across disciplines, and hire and manage a product management team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and assess new market opportunities for high-value applications
- Work with internal stakeholders and customers to identify, assess and prioritize market needs at the product level
- Own the roadmaps for Fortify’s portfolio of 3D printers, materials and software applications and communicate clearly with the executive team
- Balance the needs of internal and external stakeholders to ensure customer success, internal productivity and a sustained competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Work with the marketing team to develop case studies, user personas and general marketing requirements and translate them into actionable product requirements
- Partner with the marketing team to develop positioning, messaging, segmentation, pricing and go-to-market strategy for each product
- Implement and maintain product management processes and tools to provide transparency of the product roadmap across the organization
- Hire and manage a team of product managers
- 4+ years of software product management experience, ideally in rapidly growing companies
- BS in technical field required, ME/EE/CS; MBA preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset as a self-starting, high energy problem solver
- Team player with ability to manage conflicting priorities across multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record of managing multiple parallel work streams in a dynamic environment
- Ability to comfortably navigate deeply technical product requirements and high-level business strategy
- Excellent project management and communication skills to keep cross-functional teams aligned throughout the product life cycle
- Ability to manage the details while being able to clearly communicate key issues and recommendations to the leadership team
- Product management experience with 3D printing, robotics or other complex electromechanical devices
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity stake in a fast-growing business
- Premium Medical and Dental
- FSA and Commuter Benefits available
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO/WFH Policies
- Participation in bringing game changing technology to the world
Please note that benefits will be different for hourly positions.
Our offices are located in the heart of Charlestown within Hood Park and directly next to the Hood milk stack. The park is currently undergoing a major transformation to include retail, dining, and green space (check out the plans https://hoodpark.com/).
Think you have what it takes, but don’t check every box? Please apply anyway! Let’s chat— you could bring just the perspective we needed.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.