- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Manufacturing
- Industry: Hardware
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: 3dfortify.com
- Company Address: 510 Rutherford Ave, Suite One , Boston, MA , 02129
About FortifyFortify is transforming the 3D printing industry with its patented DCM (Digital Composite Manufacturing) platform. DCM delivers new levels of additively manufactured part performance by introducing aligned reinforcing fibers.
We are looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our dynamic, growing, applications focused team. Our next team member will have deep expertise at the intersection of hardware/software, materials science, and processing. Your expertise will drive the maturation of our current printer and materials technologies, develop state of the art end-to-end workflows, and scope next generation process opportunities. You will be a key technical pillar on an energetic and dedicated engineering team tasked with unlocking our highest potential applications. You will report directly to the Director of Materials and Process Engineering, closely collaborate with our applications and operations teams, and be located at our Boston HQ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mature Fortify’s world class material/printer platforms to enable our current scope of target applications
- Conduct research and development of application focused technologies to unlock strategic green-field opportunities
- Design, perform, and analyze experiments to drive enhanced printer, material, and application performance
- Create the future of post-processing technology for resin based printing systems
- Seamlessly engage with application, hardware and software teams to ensure end-to-end workflow success
- Mentor/manage junior scientists and engineers
- Focal point for defining best practices throughout the product development process
Skills and Experiences:
- 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- 5+ years of experience developing and scaling application focused products and technology
- Engineering expert with demonstrated expertise maturing technology at the center of materials, hardware, and software
- Ph.D., M.S. or highly-qualified B.S. in chemical engineering, materials science, mechanical engineering or related field
- Willingness to independently drive towards clarity in an ambiguous and cross-functional environment
- Superior teammate, collaborator, communicator, and teacher
- Detail oriented and highly reliable approach to data collection and documentation
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Critical thinker that challenges status quo
- Experience with document control
Highly Desirable Attributes:
- Familiarity with DLP 3D printing technology
- Track record of successfully translating 3D printing technology from R+D to scale
- Working knowledge of 3D printing post-processing workflows
- Comfortable interfacing materials technology with state of the art hardware and software
- Affinity to contribute to creation of intellectual property, including patents
- A real desire to meaningfully contribute to environmental, health, and safety efforts at Fortify
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity stake in a fast-growing business
- Premium Medical and Dental
- FSA and Commuter Benefits available
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO/WFH Policies
- Participation in bringing game changing technology to the world
Please note that benefits will be different for hourly positions.
Our offices are located in the heart of Charlestown within Hood Park and directly next to the Hood milk stack. The park is currently undergoing a major transformation to include retail, dining, and green space (check out the plans https://hoodpark.com/).
Think you have what it takes, but don’t check every box? Please apply anyway! Let’s chat— you could bring just the perspective we needed.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.