- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Hardware
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: 3dfortify.com
- Company Address: 510 Rutherford Ave, Suite One , Boston, MA , 02129
About FortifyFortify is transforming the 3D printing industry with its patented DCM (Digital Composite Manufacturing) platform. DCM delivers new levels of additively manufactured part performance by introducing aligned reinforcing fibers.
Fortify is a dynamic venture-backed 3D printing startup with a passionate team of engineers and business professionals who are at the forefront of bringing new technologies to market. Founded in 2016 and located in Boston, Fortify’s team is transforming the 3D printing industry with its patented DCM (Digital Composite Manufacturing) platform, enabling new material properties and components which can't be made using other additive or traditional manufacturing processes. Fortify was recently recognized as one of the BostonInno companies on Fire by Boston Business Journal and featured in Forbes. To learn more about Fortify visit, www.3DFortify.com.
Summary of Position
As Fortify’s Flux Printer platform launches into production, we are building out a support team to keep pace with our expanding customer base. The Customer Support Manager will be responsible for a team that is focused on providing optimum service to customers from initial equipment installation through field maintenance activities and beyond. This role will work closely with both the Applications Engineering team and the Systems Product Development team to develop necessary information to enable successful customer support. The ideal candidate will have experience managing teams and direct customer service experience supporting complex electromechanical systems. An ability to work autonomously, take initiative, exhibit organized project management skills and when necessary, get hands on with the product and processes are keys to success in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage field service personnel who perform on-site equipment installation, maintenance, and repair activities
- Develop customer support quality standards, skills certification criteria, performance objectives and metrics related to field service
- Participate in enabling and maturing the existing customer service workflow
- Support assessment and implementation of tools to maintain complete and accurate records of customer support activities
- Coordinate scheduling of onsite customer service activities and periodically participate in such activities
- Support development of customer service contracts
- Develop and own customer support team budget, year to year
- Coordinate scheduling, shipping, and delivery of material and equipment to meet customer orders including printers, consumables, and repair parts
- Maintain and track consumable and service material inventory
- Communicate and coordinate with internal engineering teams to stay current with software, firmware, and electromechanical design changes
- 5+ years of experience, including time as a field service representative for a hardware related product, ideally with industrial equipment
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to represent the company in front of customers
- A customer focused attitude with an appropriate sense of urgency and attention to detail when handling customer issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively prioritize and schedule activities of self and direct reports
- BS/MS Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
Benefits of Working at Fortify
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- Employer Paid Premium Medical and Dental
- FSA and Commuter Benefits available
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO/WFH Policies
- Monthly Wellness/ Lunch Stipend
Covid Procedures are currently in place and include mandatory masking and social distancing in office and flexible wfh.
Our offices are located in the heart of Charlestown within Hood Park and directly next to the Hood milk stack. The park is currently undergoing a major transformation to include retail, dining, and green space (check out the plans https://hoodpark.com/).
Think you have what it takes, but don’t check every box? Please apply anyway! Let’s chat— you could bring just the perspective we needed.
* Please note this role is based in our Charlestown, MA location. It is not remote. While there is some flexibility to work from home, most responsibilities of this position will require you to be onsite.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.