Director of Engineer, Mobile at VTS
Toronto, CA / Austin, TX, US / Chicago, IL, US
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
We are looking for a talented Director of Engineering focussed on our Mobile products to join our team. You’ll be trusted with a high level of responsibility and report directly to our CTO. Prior knowledge of the real estate industry is not required. We will teach you all you need to know.
If you’re an entrepreneurial minded, execution-focused professional looking for an opportunity to grow and be part of a closely-knit team, please let us know. We value people who take ownership and get stuff done while working in a highly collaborative, supportive environment.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Own the architecture for our iOS and Android platforms.
- Develop new mobile application features in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
- Work closely with Product and Design to create a modern UX that users love.
- Track app performance and fix any urgent issues that arise via QA or Customer Support.
- Lead the code review process for iOS and Android app development.
- Prepare and deploy releases for the iOS App Store and Android Play Store.
- Keep an eye on tech trends, product announcements from Apple and Android, and other news that could be relevant to the development of our iOS and Android platforms, bringing these insights and recommendations to the wider team.
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- 5+ years’ experience building and deploying iOS and Android applications
- Expert level understanding of Swift
- Strong knowledge of mobile UX best practices - specifically an understanding of iOS and Android native design principles
- Experience taking design specs to productionized code
- Experience leading a team of engineers developing a mobile application
- Ability to define and enforce coding standards and version control processes
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.