Design Manager at Aurora Solar
Remote / United States of America / Canada
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series C company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun.
As a Design Manager at Aurora Solar, you will offer creative direction as well as contribute towards people management. Manage design operations and processes effectively. We are looking for a talented storyteller, critical thinker who follows a strong human-centered design process and partners cross-functionally throughout the company.
We are a diverse team that’s passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Frame the end-to-end user journey for a specific product experience. Influence product plan, shape strategy and direction for a significant part of our product.
- Deliver high-quality experiences at all levels of scale. Partner closely with engineering, product, sales, and customer success teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Establish process and mindset to achieve the best possible user experience. Identify UX strategy and frameworks that will help the team best anchor the product development approach.
- Coach and advocate for your team. Inform and guide the work of designers by providing clear, actionable direction and feedback.
- Engage and influence the executive team, rallying partnerships and collaborations to manifest a design-forward vision.
- Plan and manage design backlog, enforce design QA and build thought partnerships with the product and engineering partners. Always making sure that the design team’s work directly contributes to company-wide OKRs and goals.
- Partner with research for specific user inquiries, testing concepts, and UI or to inform UX strategies.
- Actively contribute to a culture of connection and servitude within the design team and with other stakeholders.
What we value:
- Someone who balances creative excellence with humility. You express creativity in output as well as in process.
- Great communicators who can design frameworks to help us find opportunities, brainstorm, illustrate concepts, and effectively tell the stories of their ideas.
- Operating from a place of equality and inclusivity. You will encourage diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. You offer mindful feedback with candor for career guidance, support, and design critique. Always offer an additive style of input and feedback.
- Proficiency working on complex tools, design systems, and multi-role products. You have extensive professional design experience shipping Web-apps, iOS, and/or Android products.
- Speaking with authority when it comes to design details and shaping strategic business decisions through design.
- Rapport with our users. You’re a systems-level thinker and create experiences as scalable as they are elegant and delightful.
- Establishing and upholding quality by clearly defining what that means for your team and valuing delivery over perfection.
- History of managing design operations and processes effectively while hiring and leading design teams.
- Using hypotheses to drive solutions and applying qualitative and quantitative data to make design decisions.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.