Staff Accountant at Aurora Solar
Remote / United States of America
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series C company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun.
Aurora Solar’s accounting team is looking for a new member that can assist in ramping monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities as the company goes through a high growth period after our 250 million series C was raised in May 2021. An ideal candidate has experience closing the books monthly, can prepare balance sheet reconciliations, and is knowledgeable in GAAP compliance. This candidate will help get our books audit-ready, liaise with Deloitte to offer accounting support, and assist in building new accounting processes and tool integration. There are many opportunities for growth and learning on our team as the role requires you to wear many hats and take on new duties proactively. Aurora prides itself on promoting from within, a stellar candidate can expect to move up quickly on the team.
We are a diverse team that’s passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Staff level GL accountant who can assist in month, quarter-end, and year-end close
- Own and analyze balance sheet accounts for historical and current non-GAAP errors and can prepare correcting journal entries
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and standardize reconciliations with support for Audit review
- Historically review and clean up all GL accounts to conform to GAAP and map to internal expense budget planning
- Analyze transactions and follow up on outstanding items with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in technical accounting analysis and memo preparation of high priority accounts
- Liaise with external auditors for preparation of 2021 audit PBCs
- Prepare documentation for internal accounting policies
- Assist in implementation, maintenance, and sales contract entries in new billing system Zuora
- Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual tax filings
- Identify and help alleviate gaps in internal controls
What we value:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work
- Organized, self-motivated, and able to multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated ability to excel both solo and as a team member in a lively, synergetic environment
- Ability to find efficiencies and implement process improvements
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.