Software Engineer, Frontend Design Systems at Aurora Solar
United States of America / Remote / Canada
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series C company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun.
We are looking for a frontend software engineer who will help take our cloud-based solar design software, used by thousands of solar companies worldwide, to the next level of functionality and interactivity. If you are passionate about designing and building pixel-perfect components that help to ensure a clean and consistent experience for our users in a fast-growing solar industry and want to help society transition to a more sustainable future, we would love to hear from you!
We are a diverse team that’s passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Build the design system for our industry-leading solar design platform
- Be instrumental in the creation of our new design system
- Write high quality, well-tested code
- Implement, guide, and influence Aurora Solar’s front-end engineering practices
What we value:
- 2+ years of experience building maintainable, clean, and well-tested user-facing code
- Familiarity with graphic design processes
- A passion for building pixel-perfect user interfaces
- Great engineering skills and strong computer science fundamentals
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- An ability to keep a thoughtful balance between shipping code quickly and adhering to best practices
- An ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.