Data Product Manager at VTS
New York City, NY, US
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
VTS is in the process of building out new data products, APIs and infrastructure. You would be directly supporting the development of the data model, data lake/warehouse projects, our API suite both import and export as well as the infrastructure scaling used to improve the quality and completeness of our data. This work will be the backbone of all VTS product lines and a key contributor to VTS success in the coming years.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Help VTS design and build a new suite of API micro services. Redefine how we pull data into our products by helping architect and build our data lake. Create a customer self service data portal to reduce the complexity of getting up and running with VTS
- Raise the company-wide data quality bar through program design and execution
- Lead the curation strategy of Complete, Unique, Timely, Valid, Accurate, and Consistent data sources, taking into account cross-functional requirements
- Plan requirements with internal external customers and drive projects through the entire project lifecycle, including managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders and delivering products by pairing with product marketing
- Act as the technical point of contact / relationship owner for our data partnerships & integrations
- Collaborate with the various product development squads to ensure that our data platform expands the possibilities of what outcomes VTS can deliver
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- 4+ years as a Technical Product Manager, engineering or data-focused product leader
- Proven successful technical product management outcomes from idea to launching programs in multiple contexts throughout your career
- Comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with business owners and product management to define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
- Familiarity with SQL and experience with database modeling or API design
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity
- Experience building roadmaps, project/release plans with a strong understanding of dependency management - aligning back to company level objectives & key results (OKRs)
- Ability to define a product vision and decompose into incremental deliverables providing value along the way
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline is helpful but not required
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.