Senior Technical Program Manager - Rise at VTS
Chicago, IL, US
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to develop and drive high-impact programs across our Engineering organization to grow and improve our platform.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be agile and adapt to the growing needs of the business and have the ability to help build practices that lead to a successful team. VTS distinguishes itself by fostering a strong sense of collaboration across our Product Organization and investing in every individual. This includes educational budgets, internal brown bags, guest speakers, workshops, and team trips to conferences like “Mind the Product.”
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Work with engineering, product, and leadership teams to plan and execute technical programs, operational activities, and process improvements
- You will plan strategic initiatives and drive the projects through the entire project lifecycle to completion. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders
- Provide visibility to the team's work and priorities through strong communication practices
- You will lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your technical program management expertise
- You will drive clarity and structure in ambiguous situations by asking the right questions and applying insights you’ve gained
- Guide and manage the usage of agile methodologies to ensure successful project delivery
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- 5+ years as a Technical Program Manager or Project Manager
- Proven successful technical program management outcomes from idea to launching programs in multiple contexts throughout your career
- Experience building roadmaps, project/release plans with a strong understanding of dependency management
- You can easily navigate ambiguity and coordinate complex, technical efforts across a wide range of internal teams
- Experience working with both on-shore and off-shore development teams, and coordinating between them
- Comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people
- Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with business owners and product management to define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.