Senior Software Engineer - Rise at VTS
Toronto, CA / Chicago, IL, US
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out
About Rise Buildings:
Rise Buildings is a technology company focused on providing an all-in-one solution for the real estate industry. Based in Chicago, we have grown quickly to become a leader in the proptech space, delivering best-in-class property operations and occupant experience to the biggest owners and operators in commercial and residential real estate. Our product offering includes software paired with enabling hardware deployed internationally across North America and Europe.
Rise aims to put seamless automation into residential and commercial properties, transforming traditionally low-tech spaces into modern, tech-enabled environments. We currently have an extensive feature set that’s continually expanding and deepening, and our platform is leveraged by an entire building’s population, including occupants, management, and staff. Our goal is to reinvent the way people interact with their built environment while unlocking real estate as a distribution channel.
How does this Position help VTS & Rise Buildings Succeed?
- If you’re an entrepreneurial minded, execution-focused professional looking for an opportunity to grow and be part of a closely-knit team, please let us know. We value people who take ownership and get stuff done while working in a highly collaborative, supportive environment.
- We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team to work on Rise Buildings. You’ll be trusted with a high level of responsibility and report directly to our VP, Engineering. Prior knowledge of the real estate industry is not required, but is a plus. We can teach you all you need to know.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Create and drive the system architecture for multiple development teams
- Design and deliver solutions that enable fast and efficient deployment of quality code to production
- Manage integrations and relationships with third-party enterprise software systems
- Set coding standards for development teams and ensure all released code is following standards
- Oversee the code review process, performing reviews when necessary
- Work with DevOps to implement tooling and process improvements when you identify gaps
- Mentor junior developers on the team
- Work closely with Product and Design to create a modern UX that users love
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Experience developing RESTful API’s
- Experience writing unit test cases
- Have created multi-transactional and highly redundant systems from ideation to production
- Customer-centric mindset
- Familiarity with Agile SCRUM processes
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.