Senior Revenue Accountant at VTS
New York City, NY, US
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
VTS is rapidly growing. We are looking for a highly motivated and hard-working individual to help us build and scale our finance revenue team. This individual will be responsible for owning the month end close tasks related to revenue, validating completeness and accuracy of data entering the revenue system, while supporting the Finance Revenue Director in implementing best practices company-wide.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, self motivated and a strong communicator. This individual has a strong knowledge of GAAP accounting with experience in ASC-606. Further, the candidate has a strong understanding of internal and external financial reporting needs and experience with Zuora Revenue. Previous experience with Salesforce CPQ and Netsuite are a plus
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Continue to enhance and refine the monthly revenue close processes in order to assist with the Company’s ability to effectively scale and grow
- Review contracts for non standard terms that would require special accounting under ASC 606
- As the company grows, own configuration changes within the revenue system
- Consistently review data within the revenue system and verify it is meeting expectations for GAAP compliance.
- Work with Director of Finance Revenue to implement company-wide revenue accounting policies and practices to ensure the Company’s compliance with ASC 606
- Spearhead streamlining the automation of month end reporting
- Participate in cross functional conversations around enhancing and improving processes to allow for more timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Take Ownership of month end reporting files to prepare journal entries
- Assist with the contract management process.
- Participate in other ad hoc projects as needed
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- 3 to 4 years of prior work experience, Big 4 required
- Accounting Degree
- CPA Preferred
- Experience in SaaS industry, real estate industry is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, self-motivated and strong communication skills.
- Possess a curious mindset that strives to continuously improve processes
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of ASC 606 accounting standards
- Experience with Zuora Revenue is required, Salesforce, CPQ, Netsuite are a plus
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.