Senior Business Analyst at VTS
New York City, NY, US
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
Join VTS as a Senior Business Analyst on the Business Analytics team! The team’s mission is to help VTS make better data-driven decisions faster. In this crucial role, you will help Business, Product, Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing stakeholders make insightful decisions by identifying relevant data, making it available through empowering reporting and providing analysis that the stakeholders can use to make their decisions.
You will help VTS “level up” its data usage across the company by working on projects to ensure data quality and data governance. You are excited to be part of a team that will be operationalizing the work needed to create a scalable organization.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Work with different departments to understand their goals, define success metrics, identify tracking needed to answer questions, and build insightful reporting
- Support company-wide efforts to improve data quality, accessibility, and governance. You’ll help build out systems to make data more open, empowering end-users to do their own analysis. You’ll create trainings to teach VTS employees how to use data for their roles
- Run queries to support ad-hoc business questions and create Looker dashboards to enable self-service of other teams
- Create and update operational analytics used in executive dashboards and reports
- Support client relationships by designing standardized reports and analytics to be used by the Client Advisory and Sales teams
- Be responsible for identifying and helping to resolve data bug issues by providing analysis to communicate the issue and collaborating with Product and Engineering teams to identify and prioritize the fix
- Help evaluate analytics tools and services to best meet the needs of the organization. You’ll help support and maintain these products, implementing changes to improve their functionality
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- 4+ years of relevant experience in data analysis and are well versed in SQL and Excel. Looker experience a plus.
- Excited to not only provide answers but also to help people learn how to do their own analysis
- A “data detective” and will investigate issues until you’ve identified the root cause, ensuring good quality data.
- A service-oriented ethos, strong business acumen and a demonstrated curiosity to solve problems
- Strong organizational skills and superb capabilities with managing multiple high priority projects simultaneously and successfully
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), with ability to translate non-technical requests into SQL queries and Looker dashboards and fully explain any insights made to the non-technical stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail and a resourceful problem-solving attitude
- A passion for building valued relationships with other teams
- An analytical and results-focused mindset, coupled with a creative make-it-happen spirit
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a proven track record of working cross-functionally to resolve issues
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and rapid-growth environment. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Applications (Analytics, Docs, Sheets, Slides). Salesforce experience a plus
- Bonus if you’re familiar with customer data and analytics platforms for event tracking (eg Segment, Mixpanel) and understand data infrastructure
- An understanding of commercial real estate a plus
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.