Senior Program Manager at Aurora Solar
Remote / United States of America
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series B company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun.
We’re looking for our first Senior Program Manager to help us scale our product development efforts. As we rapidly grow our product, design, and engineering orgs, it’s increasingly important for us to stay coordinated and communicative in the goals, initiatives, roadmaps, and processes that link our teams. This role will be part of our Product department, working closely with all the Product Managers to coordinate cross-pod planning and execution. Additionally, the Senior Program Manager will create and sponsor the critical communication channels for Product Management and all our internal stakeholder teams.
We’re looking for someone who loves to enable others’ success and is passionate about enabling growing product development companies to continuously perform better.
We are a diverse team that’s passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Coordinate cross-pod initiatives to ensure roadmaps are coherent and aligned with strategic objectives
- Support a team-wide focus on alignment with strategic objectives, and create mechanisms for shared visibility of progress toward those objectives
- Be the central point of contact and coordination for our largest and most broad-reaching strategic objectives across teams
- Coordinate consistent channels for internal communication between Product Management and other functions, especially Sales, Customer Success, and Product Marketing
- Bring data-driven insights to the organization to understand the impact of our product development efforts and progress toward key goals
- Support working teams in becoming more independently data-driven
- Provide consultation across PM teams to improve the product development process
- Identify opportunities for driving efficiency and outcome-oriented process improvements in our product team
- Work closely alongside VP of Product to identify gaps and opportunities in our product development efforts
What we value:
- Collaborative: a reliable and valued member of the team to support and enable others to succeed
- Mindful: Listens, understands, and supports team members’ perspectives, goals, and opportunities
- A drive for efficiency: helps growing organizations perform at scale, identifying and executing opportunities to streamline work processes
- Software development expertise: understands pitfalls and success patterns for agile software development teams, and is able to identify and opportunities to improve how we work
- Outcome-oriented: focuses on business results, not output
- Data-driven: able to independently analyze data from multiple sources across the organization. Surfaces and evangelizes progress toward key metrics.
- Communication-focus: able to clearly articulate ideas, concerns, and opportunities to affect positive change in our organization
- Natural leader: Able to rally and align a team without formal authority
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently, our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!