Solutions Engineer - Homebase at Opendoor
San Francisco, CA, US
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 80,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
About the Team
Since Opendoor first started operating in 2014, we’ve learned a lot about buying, managing, and selling real estate. The Homebase team aims to share our learnings by offering our technology and processes to institutional partners. Homebase is building a modern platform for transactions, offering a wide range of services such as brokerage and title, to become the true one stop shop for institutional transactions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Handle communications with partner integration teams
- Collaborate directly with external technical partners to help them plan and build successful integrations with the Homebase platform
- Become an expert on our partners’ systems
- Build strong stakeholder relationships with clients, engineering and product development teams to resolve issues or build out enhancement
- Work internally with business development, operations, product, design and engineering teams to ensure successful and streamlined integrations
- Build sample applications and libraries based on our API
- Have the opportunity to develop salesforce plugins
We're looking for teammates who have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- 3+ years in a similar implementation engineer/solutions engineer type role
- 1+ years of experience working on Salesforce development with Apex
- Proficiency with database querying languages such as SQL
- Product engineering mindset, having a deep understanding of not just technical systems but also the end user product
- Great communications skills for working directly with customers, both internal and external
- Familiarity with REST HTTP APIs
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with Splunk, Java, Python, TypeScript, React
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.