Senior Software Engineer, VTS Market at VTS
VTS is the fastest-growing Proptech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used to manage over 60% of all office buildings. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings and are building the industry’s first and only online marketing software and end-to-end leasing marketplace, VTS Market. VTS Market will enable landlords to market their available spaces more effectively, and help tenant rep brokers and their tenants easily find and lease space online – a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team – we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain's best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
How does this Position help VTS Succeed
- We're growing at an incredible pace even during these uncertain times and are continuing to scale out our Toronto office. You’ll be a key contributor to our goal of accelerating the way space providers and occupiers plan, market, lease and manage space. As such, you will:
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA, and other business partners to discover and solve challenges for our customers
- Collaborate with other engineers to incrementally craft high quality products and APIs for our customers (we deploy multiple times a day)
- Have organization wide impact through your work, departmental initiatives like brown bags and recruiting, being a mentor or on-boarding buddy, etc.
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Experience delivering high-quality web applications for the consumer or enterprise
- Demonstrable experience building web applications with Ruby on Rails and React
- Strongly values automated testing and implements good testing practices
- Practitioner and evangelist of agile software process and software design (experience with scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Experience architecting solutions to problems in a thoughtful way - limiting number of technologies, ability to justify decisions, can articulate tradeoffs well, etc
- Experience collaborating with other engineers towards a common goal, leveraging code reviews, architecture design reviews, TDD, pairing, etc.
- Experience working closely with product managers and designers - strong customer empathy and desire to deliver a high-quality user experience
- Experience presenting technical projects and problems to non-technical folks and the ability to explain and justify the business reasons
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is proud to operate an equal opportunity workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let firstname.lastname@example.org know.