General Manager at Opendoor
Atlanta, GA, US
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 80,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
About our city offices
Our company is national, but many parts of what we do are local: we’re in the business of buying and selling homes. Our customers are also local: they look for a new home in a particular neighborhood or school district, and they sell in the same way. Our local offices are responsible for understanding and serving the local market and all of the homes we buy and sell there.
The General Manager
As the General Manager — Atlanta Area you will have ultimate responsibility for our success including owning operations and strategy implementation to make Opendoor the best way for people to buy and sell homes. You will lead and inspire a cross-functional organization to drive growth, ensure a delightful customer experience for both sellers and buyers, and oversee efficient daily operations. This role is highly collaborative; you will interact with our leadership team in San Francisco and in other cities across the nation.
- Hire and manage a local team. You’ll monitor team productivity, manage them to goals, and drive workplace and cultural norms that align with our company values.
- Drive a delightful customer experience: you’ll work with your team to build and implement processes that inspire trust, from the moment a customer first connects with Opendoor to the moment we close. You’ll be maniacal about reviews and customer feedback.
- Be an internal champion for the Atlanta Area: you’ll represent the office to our HQ in San Francisco and other offices, and agitate when you see things that need solving.
- Drive our growth strategy in Atlanta, partnering with Finance to set goals, with Marketing & PR to execute across growth channels, and product teams to roll out new products and features (e.g., Buy with Opendoor)
- Be the external face of Opendoor in Atlanta: you’ll represent Opendoor to local press and important industry partners and vendors.
- Own our performance metrics in Atlanta you’ll monitor key metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and dig into root causes to understand and address emerging trends
- Own the P&L for Atlanta region: you’ll oversee everything from acquiring to renovating and reselling homes in Atlanta (and adjacent markets as we expand), and you’ll partner with teams like Marketing to influence spend to achieve profitable growth targets
- At least 10+ years of experience in metrics based operations or general management
- At least 2+ years of experience running a business or business unit
- Experience leading a cross-functional team, including working closely with operators
- Experience working and leading a team of 10+ in a high-growth company
- Demonstrated leadership abilities - capable of motivating and inspiring a team to hit aspirational targets
- Passion for real estate Understand how to grow a team
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time as we launch adjacent markets
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in real estate
- You’ve lived in Atlanta for at least 2 years
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer