Revenue Specialist at VTS
New York, US
VTS is the fastest-growing Proptech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used to manage over 60% of all office buildings. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings and are building the industry’s first and only online marketing software and end-to-end leasing marketplace, VTS Market. VTS Market will enable landlords to market their available spaces more effectively, and help tenant rep brokers and their tenants easily find and lease space online – a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team – we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain's best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
VTS is rapidly growing. We are looking for someone to help us build and scale our finance revenue team. This person will have the opportunity to work with Accounting, Sales Ops and Legal and will be responsible for reviewing signed contracts and confirming alignment of the data between systems in a timely manner. This person will also have the opportunity to assist in streamlining the revenue month-end close process. As the company grows, there’s potential for this role to evolve to meet the Company’s needs.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Review contracts for non standard terms that would require special accounting under ASC 606
- Work with Finance Revenue Manager to implement company-wide revenue accounting policies and practices to ensure the Company’s compliance with ASC 606
- Continue to enhance and refine the monthly revenue close processes in order to assist with the Company’s ability to effectively scale and grow
- Partner with Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, Legal and Finance during the day-to-day operations to ensure all processes affecting revenue recognition are set up properly
- Perform contract analysis review and compare to related revenue schedules to ascertain subscription contracts have been entered into the system accurately
- Assist with the contract management process
- Participate in other ad hoc projects as needed
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- 2 to 3 years of prior work experience, Big 4 preferred
- Accounting DegreeCPA Preferred, but not required
- Experience in subscription system if not out of public accounting
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, strong analytical and communication skills
- Possess a curious mindset that strives to continuously improve processes
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of ASC 606 accounting standards
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.