At Urbint, our mission is to create safer and more resilient communities using AI. We are passionate about taking data about our changing world – from climate, to urbanization, to infrastructure risk – and harnessing it to allow utilities and infrastructure operators to predict and prevent threats and meaningfully reduce field risk. We are a tight-knit team of coders, data scientists, infrastructure experts, entrepreneurs, and creatives working together to create and deliver cutting-edge technology to deliver insights that keep people safe.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer on our Application Engineering team. Our Application Engineering Team partners closely with product managers, user interface designers, and our other engineering teams to develop performant, easy to use full stack web applications which drive the workflows and decisions of our customers. On this team, you will be a leader in architecting and implementing solutions to the most critical technical and product challenges on the team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with product managers and engineers to design the highest leverage solutions to our challenges. You will also be charged with setting best practices and leading the team in implementations of these solutions. You will have exceptional impact on the development of Urbint Lens, our full stack web application leveraged for mission critical work by Utility companies.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of software development experience focused on web applications
- Understanding of work queues for scheduled and deferred tasks.
- High proficiency with relational databases and ability to profile and optimize queries.
- Experience working closely with product and account support personnel to lead development of the best solutions to the largest problems.
- Significant experience architecting systems to meet high standards of reliability and ease of use
- Comfort in the face of ambiguous needs and requirements, and the ability to extract clarity
- Attention to detail in work and ability to identify ambiguities in specifications.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, especially when communicating trade-offs between technical decisions to non-technical colleagues.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Flask and Celery
- Experience with React, or ClojureScript
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with large enterprise cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid
- Health Perks - Wellness reimbursement and citibike membership
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Remote work monthly stipend
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.