Since our founding by Payal Kadakia in 2013, we’ve built the world’s leading fitness membership through a digital platform, proprietary technology, a global brand and an unparalleled community. We’re revolutionizing fitness, wellness, and experiences. Even after being recognized the first unicorn of the decade, we believe we’re just getting started. ClassPass has helped members to get active around the globe, with 30 countries involved across 5 continents. Members have booked more than 100 million hours of workouts through our platform.
At ClassPass, we believe that every life should be fully lived, and fully celebrated. As such, we encourage our employees to bring their authentic selves to work every day because only when we bring our diverse collective of perspectives to the table is when we can truly play to win. We are wholeheartedly committed to building a culture where a sense of inclusion, equity and belonging are foundational and felt across all areas of our business -- customers, partners and employees alike.
About the Right Team Member:
We're looking for an innovative backend engineer with a passion for designing robust and easy to use APIs and services. You’re comfortable tackling efforts solo or working in groups, both big and small. Fast-paced environments don’t phase you, and you seek feedback because it has the ability to turn good work into great work. You know the best software is created through collaboration and iteration, which is exactly why you’re looking for the right opportunity, and the right team, to expand your experience.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will craft new functionality with a dedicated team of skilled individuals. You like to ship software early and often, you value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to iterate on the design, implementation, deployment and monitoring of our product
- Build efficient and reusable backend systems
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for more junior engineers
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Maintain high code coverage via unit tests and acceptance tests
- Find and address performance issues
- Proficient in English communication, in reading, writing, and conversations
- Experience with Java or Python
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, and at least 5 years of professional programming experience
- A strong understanding of RESTful API design
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Dropwizard, Flask, and Django a plus
- Experience working in a multinational corporation is a plus
- Love of fitness a plus
This role is based in Shanghai, China
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.