Senior Software Engineer, Technical Infrastructures - Property Capsule- at VTS
San Francisco, CA, US
VTS is the fastest-growing Proptech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used by more than 750 of the world’s leading landlords to manage their assets, tenants, and leasing processes. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings and are building the industry’s first and only end-to-end leasing marketplace, truva.com. Truva will enable landlords to market their available spaces more effectively, and help tenant rep brokers and their tenants easily find and lease space online – a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team – we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain's best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
What This Position Does to Help VTS Succeed:
We are looking for engineers with a strong DevOps background to work with our team at Property Capsule to build and maintain monitorable, performant, reliable and highly-scalable software systems.
Property Capsule is the leading marketing automation and prospecting software company for retail landlords and brokerages covering more than half of the top 100 retail landlords in North America. Our team has extensive experience with venture capitalist backed startups, with both successful IPOs and M&A in this $15T market. Current enterprise customers include many Fortune 500 and public companies. Offices are located in San Francisco and San Diego, California.
What Makes This Job Awesome:
- Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly reliable systems
- Serve as subject matter expert in observability and monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Automate infrastructure and configuration management
- Conduct timely post-mortems of production infrastructure incidents
- Assist with all aspects of operational security and compliance
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
What Makes You Awesome for Property Capsule and this role:
- Know when to triage and when to dive down into a root-cause analysis
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with strong sense of ownership
- Experience developing and monitoring mission-critical systems
- Substantial experience with a programming language like Java, PHP or Python
- Experience with AWS
About our team:
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We rely heavily on automated testing and CI
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- Our stack: PHP, MySQL, Java, Angular 2, Postgres, AWS, CloudFormation, Swift
- Learn more on our engineering blog
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.