Lead Data Scientist at VTS
New York, US
VTS is the fastest-growing Proptech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used by more than 750 of the world’s leading landlords to manage their assets, tenants, and leasing processes. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings and are building the industry’s first and only end-to-end leasing marketplace, truva.com. Truva will enable landlords to market their available spaces more effectively, and help tenant rep brokers and their tenants easily find and lease space online – a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team – we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain's best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
How does this position help VTS succeed?
- As a leader within the data engineering team, you’ll help translate our vision of accelerating the way landlords and tenants plan, market, lease, and manage space. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will be the first Data Science hire for VTS and will help build and lead this team over the coming years. As such, you will:
- Define and monitor metrics, create data narratives, and build tools to drive decisions
- Build and interpret algorithms and machine learning models that power VTS’ data products
- Employ statistical tools to establish relationships
- Help design and build VTS’ next-generation data products and research reports that will leverage the power of our data sets
- Ensure our data sets are complete, unique, timely, valid, accurate, consistent, and easy to consume
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA, and other business partners to discover and solve challenges for our customers
- Collaborate with other full-stack teams to incrementally craft high-quality products for our customers
- Have organization-wide impact through your work, departmental initiatives like brown bags and recruiting, being a mentor or onboarding buddy, etc.
- Stay current, publish, present, and contribute as a thought leader in the field of Machine / Deep Learning and AI
What makes you a great fit?
- You have a proven track record in data-driven innovation, problem-solving and building sophisticated products with complex, big data machine learning technologies
- You have hands-on skills with complex machine learning-based systems, multiple machine learning frameworks and techniques for optimal accuracy and performance in big production systems
- Experience designing and coding of algorithms to identify, categorize, prioritize, and process large volumes of unstructured data sets
- Strong experience writing high-quality and performant Python code in collaborative environments
- Hands-on experience with medium to large datasets (i.e. data extraction, cleaning, analysis, and presentation)
- Nice to have:
- Experience in Commercial Real Estate (CRE) data products and research
- Experience in full-stack development (Ruby on Rails and React)
More about our team
- We have a 70+ person engineering team
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA, grouped in outcome-oriented “houses”
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on automated testing and CI
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- We work with technologies like Ruby on Rails, React, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Swift, Android, Python, and Kafka
- Learn more on our engineering blog
What VTS values & how we show it
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.