- Our main back-end stack is based on Rails 5.2, Redis, and Postgres on AWS and Heroku. We also use React.js and GraphQL with Apollo on the front-end, but we consider ourselves platform agnostic. A willingness to learn and experiment with new tech is much more important than hands-on experience with our current stack.
What you'll do as an Engineer a Notarize:
- Design, build, extend, and support a highly available and scalable infrastructure
- Be involved in all phases of development, from ideation to release and tracking and analyzing the impact of shipped features
- Thoroughly test your own code, from unit tests to automated end-to-end tests
- Ship code in weekly sprints
- Provide leadership and critical input on the design of our technologies and services
- Participate in daily stand-ups, software design sessions, code reviews, and sprint retrospectives
What we're looking for:
- Hands-on experience building and shipping software and web applications
- Curiosity about new technologies and a desire to always use the best tools for the job
- Ability to contribute effectively on any part of the stack - from back-end services to data layers to web interfaces
- Belief in thorough unit test coverage
- Desire to create quality products and tools that people can actually use
Our Engineering Culture:
- Learn it: Notarize has a strong focus on mentorship, with regular 1:1s, reviews, and check-ins to ensure that you are learning & growing as an engineer. Your manager will help you set personal goals, support your learning, and track your progress against those goals, to encourage you in the growth of your career, wherever it may take you.
- Communicate it: You'll be part of a small, cross-functional team (no silos) with a highly collaborative process that values thoughtful communication, not just with other engineers but with all parts of the organization.
- Ship it: We have a tight deployment cycle, releasing to production twice a week, with interim builds to testing environments. All builds depend on continuous, automated end-to-end integration tests.
- Fix it: We’re a small startup with big plans, and there’s so much to do. Whether it’s an antiquated legal process, an edge-case user interaction, a quirky piece of code, or a desk that hasn’t been put together yet, we show up every day with the goal of digging in and leaving something better than we found it.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Choice of equipment
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Friday lunches & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
- Seltzer & cold brew on tap
- Fun & easily accessible location (Back Bay, right near the Pru) (when the office is actually open, which it hopefully be will be at some point)
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you