ClassPass is the world’s leading platform for studio and gym fitness, with operations in nearly 30 countries. We are passionate about helping our members live a more active life. Each day, ClassPass merchandises millions of classes from tens of thousands of gyms and studios. To date, our users have booked over 50 million reservations to date and we’re just getting started.
About the role:
The Retention Manager will play a key role in increasing customer retention and lifetime value by driving, designing, and implementing global tests. This person will dive into our data and build business cases for programs that drive core company decisions. As the retention manager, you’ll own key LTV metrics, drive cross-functional programs, and synthesize key findings and takeaways to senior company leadership and the broader global marketing team.
Successful candidates will be strong individual contributors excited to collaborate cross-functionally, comfortable with test design and execution, and possess an intense curiosity for marketing and customer retention. As a rapidly growing start-up, we are looking for someone who is agile, forward-thinking, and looking to grow with the organization.
- Identify opportunities to engage our customers along their journey to increase ARPU, reduce churn, and increase customer sentiment
- Size the business impact of potential test opportunities and strategically prioritize across the roadmap
- Analyze customer engagement, retention and LTV through various segments (e.g., channel, cohort, tenure)
- Develop a technical understanding of tooling available to the broader marketing team (e.g,. email production, ESP tool proficiency, internal admin tools)
- Partner closely with our Analytics team to develop dashboards and reporting to monitor and optimize lifecycle metrics
- 3+ years of lifecycle / retention, consulting, finance or analytics experience. Experience with B2C companies / subscription based businesses a plus
- Strong business acumen; can consider higher-level business context and thinking while still approaching analytical problems with technical precision and data-mindedness
- Ability to translate data and trends in member and channel behavior into actionable insights, and execute against them
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with the ability to lead large, cross-functional teams to drive key business results
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills a must (pivot tables, data validation, look-up functions, etc.)
- Strong proficiency with SQL and BI tools preferred, especially Postgres and Tableau
- Experience with A/B testing and proper test design a plus
- Experience working with very large datasets a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a detail-oriented approach to executing tasks and an ability to manage multiple projects at once; comfort with ambiguity and a fast-paced work environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.