ClassPass is the world’s leading marketplace platform for studio and gym fitness. Since our founding 2013 by Payal Kadakia we’ve successfully created a new vertical in the fitness industry by aggregating class inventory from boutique studios and other fitness providers and merchandising it to consumers as a monthly subscription. Our users have booked over 50 million reservations to date and we’re just getting started.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to help us solve the company’s toughest problems and uncover new insights about our business. This role sits on ClassPass’s Data Insights team, an internal consultancy within the broader Analytics organization. This role will involve regular deep dives into the data to answer crucial business questions asked by members of our executive team, being the standard-bearer for analytics practices across the organization, and overseeing A/B testing and surveying across the company. An Analyst should be able to get into the weeds of a particular data problem, but also be able to make a high-level presentation of findings to key figures throughout the organization. As a rapidly growing company, we are looking for someone who is agile, forward-thinking, and looking to grow along with the organization. They should be self-driven and proactive, but also a team player. Analysts get exposure to and work closely with all parts of the organization: marketing, product, pricing, sales, account management, so someone who is flexible and eager to learn is a must.
- 2+ years experience as an analyst, consultant or data professional
- Strong proficiency with SQL a must (Postgres preferred)
- Knowledge and/or experience with BI tools (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with analytical tools such as R, Python, SAS, Stata strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Statistics, or similar required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, data validation, look-up functions, etc.)
- Proven data presentation ability
- Experience with machine learning, regression analysis a plus
- Experience with A/B testing and proper test design a plus
- Experience working with very large datasets a plus
- Familiarity with ETL pipelines and Github a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit; comfort with ambiguity and a fast-paced work environment
- Strong business acumen; can consider higher-level business context and thinking while still approaching analytical problems with technical precision and data-mindedness
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.