Head of Market Research at VTS
New York City, NY, US
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done - disrupting a $15 trillion dollar industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to manage their entire leasing process to maximize revenue and performance. Our success shows in our numbers - we’ve grown 123% annually since 2013, and today we have over 11 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS, and we’ve expanded to ~200 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to scale!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or @WeAreVTS
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our mission is to be Commercial Real Estate’s modern operating system, the place where deals happen, customer relationships are nourished, and real-time market data comes to life. We're growing at an incredible pace and are looking for a talented Head of Market Research to join the team.
Our Head of Market Research will lead VTS’ research that will differentiate VTS, build and maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace through market expertise, analysis, and insight. Your responsibilities will be to track and analyze the commercial real estate market with a focus on data collection, presentation, financial analysis. You will work closely with external research colleagues, brokerage professionals and clients. This role will also work in close collaboration with our Product team to ensure that we are constantly innovating the VTS solution and being the spokesperson for our clients and prospects.
What you'll do
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing and creating content of actionable, commercial insights through presentations, whitepapers and other output that positions VTS as the dominant voice in the industry and market
- May provide content support to leadership in order to assist in representing VTS’ perspectives on property and market dynamics in a specific sector or geography.
- Communicate data excellence and insights via traditional reporting products and the use of advanced data visualization tools
- Partner with brokerage leaders to contribute to business development efforts and grow the business
- Contribute to client presentations by covering market intelligence, trends, and statistics
- Acts as an active participation to support new business development initiatives
- Keep track and inform brokerage leaders of local and national commercial real estate news
- Provides analytical and collection support for global, regional and local research initiatives as needed
- Must be responsive to multiple internal and external constituencies—sales professionals, management, media, real estate associations, clients—by providing relevant insights on market conditions and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years professional experience
- Demonstrated passion in real estate with a strong commitment to learning micro- and macro-level market dynamics
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in complex situations. Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must have a commercial mindset. Able to identify trends and think about the market in innovative ways. Can translate ideas into thoughtful deliverables that differentiate VTS, our professionals and our products.
- A strong understanding of research fundamentals. Knowledge of how to apply research and data analytics expertise to benefit our brand and core businesses.
- Strong quantitative skill-set with ability to identify new insights and trends through data analytics
- Collaborative attitude and willingness to both work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to clients
- Ability to effectively prepare information for presentation by others at events and to clients.
- Team player. Able to work across Marketing, PR, Research, Operations and local and national leadership to achieve collective goals and create exponential results.
- Can oversee multiple projects or assigned project tasks, determine priorities and develop a through-line to completion, including harnessing the right resources and collaborating along the way
We take care of you!
- Competitive compensation packages, including equity
- Great medical, vision, dental, and commuter benefits
- Generous family policies
- Training and career development programs for everyone in the company
- 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks
- VTS clubs including rock climbing, skiing, baking, board-games, surfing, softball and more
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.