Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 1,000+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to join our rapidly-growing team of engineers. This position will heavily drive key product and business decisions. You will build data pipelines, reliably move data across systems, and build tools to empower our Product Analysts and Data Scientists while working closely with our software engineering team to analyze and fill what gaps exist.
What you'll do:
- Architect and implement robust ETL to empower several diverse business domains
- Use data to drive growth across our business by leveraging geospatial data to increase field operations efficiency and improve storage utilization and load times in our warehouses
- Communicate data-driven insights to stakeholders to drive meaningful and actionable insights
What we're looking for:
- At least three years of data experience
- Experience building data models, infrastructure, and ETL/ELT pipelines for reporting, analytics, and data science
- Confidence in writing complex, performant SQL queries
- Strong understanding of query performance in MPP/cloud data warehouse solutions (e.g., Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery)
- Business acumen and understanding business intelligence reporting requirements
- Experience programming in Python, Ruby, or Java is a plus
- Experience with workflow management tools such as Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, or UC4 is a plus
- Experience with data streaming technologies (e.g., Kafka, SQS, Kinesis) and merging with batch processing in a data warehouse is a plus
- Familiarity with business intelligence visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Periscope) is a plus
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field is a plus
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.