ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a full-time Senior Product Designer to join our team. The Senior Product Designer will work closely with Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers to build simple user centered digital experiences.
Visual design: You have exceptional command of visual composition, typographic hierarchy, and creating scalable UI solutions. From the overarching user flow to refining small details in UI you will ensure a cohesive experience across ClassPass. You’re a designer equally invested in crafting visual and user experience design.
User experience: Through your design process you will strive to minimize the complexity of our systems into thoughtful user experiences. You’ll have experience shipping products, observing how people use them, and iterating toward improvement until solutions are elegant in usability and efficient in achieving outcomes.
Product thinking: You will have an understanding of what makes products successful and how your design work impacts the larger goals of the company. You will be involved in defining product strategy, conducting research that helps the team appropriately prioritize initiatives, and will develop a sense for ClassPass technology stack in order to create impactful solutions. You’ll bring a strong track record of making sound strategic design decisions that balance the needs of the user, the business, and the brand.
Research-informed: Working with our research team, you’ll use qualitative and quantitative data to identify important product insights. You’ll seek opportunities to collect feedback to make informed choices; knowing when to develop full user studies, and when to quickly get usability confirmation internally and ship. You’ll document what you learn and share back with the organization broadly, contributing to our shared knowledge base.
Team collaboration: You will develop an understanding about the work of other disciplines that make up the whole of ClassPass in order to help facilitate the most productive and empathetic environment for the work we do together. In order to leverage the knowledge of all members of the ClassPass team, you’ll be expected to run productive brainstorms and discussions that help contribute to our collective understanding of our customers and the business.
Communication: We have a strong design critique culture where you’ll be expected to communicate complex ideas and solutions in a way that enables progress and exceptional design output. You’ll share your work early and often, getting feedback from our collaborators, customers and partners, and are open to ideas while maintaining focus on your goal. On occasion you’ll direct and lead group conversations, presentations, and product reviews.
You are a team player who rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty. You gracefully solve problems under pressure while checking your ego at the door. You are know for fine-tuned aesthetics, amazing storytelling, a critical eye and an obsession with perfection.
As the ideal candidate:
- You emotionally connect with customers
- You inspire others to aim for bigger, bolder and smarter
- You advocate for great design and help others understand its value
- You have mastery of typography and grid systems
- You are comfortable sketching on whiteboards and adjusting icons at 1600% zoom
- Someone who is obsessively detail-oriented, a self-starter, and an aficionado of iterating
- You have learned by experience that no design survives user testing untouched, and you thrive in iterating from user feedback
- A design portfolio that demonstrates strong problem solving, interaction and visual design skills
- 5+ years of digital design experience
- A degree in a related field
- Experience shipping responsive web and native app experiences
- Strong communication skills — you are able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Familiar with the AGILE working process and able to work closely with Product Managers and front-end developers
- Expert with Figma and prototyping software such as Framer and Principal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.