At Lyric™ we’re on a mission to design and operate accommodations for the modern business traveler. The way we do that is by designing space and technology which empower a more creative and connected world.
Our proprietary software and data platforms are the foundation of our company, driving Lyric’s best-in-class margins through optimal site location and advanced revenue management. It also allows us to deliver exceptional guest experiences through our premium and purposeful Creative Suites™. Informed by increasing levels of automation and personalization, these apartment-suites - set within inspired buildings in the most exciting neighborhoods in the country - combine the productivity of a workspace, the inspiration of an artistic studio, and the amenities of a luxury hotel. Whether you stay one or 200 nights, we’re building a network of spaces that make you feel at home everywhere. Our focus is on flexibility, purpose, and community to help you unlock possible.
At Lyric we’re trying to build the best guest experience with operational excellence. As a Staff Engineer at Lyric, you will own the development of our consumer mobile product. With mobile technologies, we can enhance the guest's in-room experience and communicate more effectively with our operational staff. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a multi-faceted team of data scientists, software engineers, designers (both of digital and physical things!), real estate experts, and operations employees to build the future of the travel hospitality experience.
- Own the end to end development of our mobile products: design, implement, deploy, and support
- Write great automated tests and lead with operational excellence
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and the operations team members to define the next generation of our customer facing mobile product
- Mentor and inspire a team of engineers, contribute to and advocate for good engineering practices
- 5+ years of experience building complex iOS/Android applications
- 1+ year(s) of React Native or similar experience with React JS
- Experience with the challenges of threading, memory management, and network interaction on mobile platforms
- Experience with modern web development
- You enjoy agile software development processes
- Experience with cloud-computing services like AWS, Google App Engine, etc
- React Native
- Discovery call with one of our Talent Engineers to overview the role, ensure alignment against our cultural values, and answer initial questions
- The next step is a 2-part conversation:
- You will meet with an Engineering Manager to dive deeper into your experience and how this opportunity may align with your near and long-term career aspirations
- You will also be asked to complete a Technical Coding Exercise with one of our Engineers
- In person meeting with key stakeholders from both the Engineering, Product, and Design teams, as well as cross-functional partners to discuss (among other things!): systems design, cross-functional collaboration, past projects, and cultural values.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO