At Lyric™ we’re on a mission to design and operate accommodations for the modern business traveler. The way we do that is by designing spaces and technology which empower a more creative and connected world.
Lyric™ is the leading tech and data-powered real estate and lifestyle hospitality company, designing spaces and technology to empower a more creative and connected world. Through key real estate partnerships that include 20 of the NMHC “Top 50” developers, our premium and purposeful Creative Suites™ are reimagining the future of living for the modern business traveler. We’re growing a network of spaces - set within inspired buildings in the most exciting neighborhoods in the country - that combines the productivity of a workspace, the inspiration of an artistic studio, and the amenities of a luxury hotel. Designed, installed and managed entirely in-house, we’ve created a dynamic housing solution built for the future of real estate. Whether you stay one or 200 nights, our focus is on flexibility, purpose, and community to help you unlock possible.
About the Role
The Hospitality Team is where the rubber hits the road for Lyric, and our mandate is to ensure that our customers have a seamless, supported, and exceptional journey wherever they stay with us. The person in this role will be a key leader and people manager within the Hospitality Operations team, which is responsible for ensuring the guest-readiness of our suites and other physical operations on an ongoing basis. This role--which has a heavy tactical component--will require someone who can both “make it work” in a high-paced, rapidly-evolving company while still keeping an eye on scalability and medium- to long-term optimization.
This person will have multiple years of experience directly managing a team of early career professionals as well as remote, 3rd party vendors. This leader should come with a strong track record of coaching a team to measurably higher levels of performance. He/She will also ideally have a solid history of spearheading medium to large-scale, cross-functional operational initiatives, preferably involving both creative and technical teams. Hospitality experience is helpful but not necessarily required.
- Act as an operational leader to Lyric’s onsite, guest-facing operations--including our network of cleaning and maintenance vendors--and ensuring flawless delivery of services on an ongoing basis
- Drive development of best practices within the Hospitality Operations team, codify them, and implement across the organization
- Collaborate with other Hospitality Leaders to continually assess the current operation and strategically identify opportunities for systemic improvements and/or evolution
- Scope, resource, and drive toward successful completion of cross-functional initiatives aimed at advancing Hospitality’s or the broader enterprise’s performance in key areas
- Act as a cross-departmental partner to other functions at Lyric, such as Brand, Product, etc. and offer operational expertise on the roll out of new initiatives across our markets
- A breakdown for the role:
- 40% Operations/Service delivery
- 30% Performance improvement/initiatives
- 20% Strategic planning
- 10% Cross-departmental partnership and advising
- 5+ years of operations or service delivery experience in a customer-facing function or product team
- 3+ years of experience building, developing, and coaching a team of direct reports
- Direct experience managing relationships with remotely-based, 3rd party vendors--including contract negotiations, setting/adjustment of SLAs, and training
- Track record of spearheading large complex projects with a highly cross-functional team and driving them to completion with measurable results
- Demonstrable experience effectively prioritizing amidst a set of competing requests and agendas
- Excellent communications & presentation skills. Can you simplify ideas into strategies, that your team can execute
Useful, but not required:
- Hospitality industry experience
- Lean/Six Sigma or PMP certification
- Agile experience or certification
- Microsoft/Google Suite
- Customer Service/Hospitality software (Zendesk, Zingle, Gladly, ALICE)
- Project Management Software (Asana, Airtable, Confluence/JIRA)
- Mode (or other analytic software a plus)
- Discovery call with talent team member to describe the role and answer initial queries
- Conversation with a Hospitality team leader to dive more deeply into your experience and calibrate around alignment of role to your desired career path
- In person meeting with key stakeholders from both the hospitality and operations team as well as the broader business to discuss (among other things!) Cross-functional partnerships, operational expertise, cultural values alignment, and leadership ability.