At Lyric™ we’re on a mission to design and operate accommodations for the modern business traveler. The way we do that is by designing space and technology which empower a more creative and connected world.
While proprietary software and data platforms drive Lyric’s best-in-class margins through optimal site location and advanced revenue management, the ability to acquire customers through creative marketing strategies and partnerships for corporate travel are equally important. Driving revenues higher not only improves profitability, but also fuels our engine for investing, acquiring talent and new capabilities, and expanding. It also allows us to deliver exceptional guest experiences through our premium and purposeful Creative Suites™. Informed by increasing levels of automation and personalization, these apartment-suites - set within inspired buildings in the most exciting neighborhoods in the country - combine the productivity of a workspace, the inspiration of an artistic studio, and the amenities of a luxury hotel. Whether you stay one or 200 nights, we’re building a network of spaces that make you feel at home everywhere. Our focus is on flexibility, purpose, and community to help you unlock possible.
The Director of Business Operations will partner closely with the SVP of Operations to drive and implement strategic company-wide initiatives. You will own the strategy, planning, and execution of these cross-functional projects as well as the program management for all our expansion efforts. You will work closely with the Real Estate, Growth, Revenue, Brand, Product/Engineering, and various Operations teams to build best practices, improve processes, and ensure effective growth and development of the business. This is the ideal role for an analytically-minded leader who can identify opportunity areas through data analysis and clearly structure solutions. As one of the most cross-functional roles in the organization, you will collaborate effectively execute on our strategic vision.
- Drive and implement highly visible and strategic company-wide initiatives from start to finish, with the ability to rapidly iterate as needed
- Collaborate with our cross-functional stakeholders to enable the execution of our expansion strategy
- Develop a plan to provide transparency across our portfolio of opportunities and projects, driving more efficient capacity planning for all teams
- Create and prioritize processes and services that evolve with the changing landscape and will enable Lyric to scale
- Drive a collaborative working environment that ensures alignment of business objectives and accountability across functions, supported by performance measurement and other data reporting
- Own the master development and expansion calendar, ensuring all expansion projects are on-time and on-budget
- Pilot and test exciting new guest experiences with the potential to scale these new business models across our portfolio
- Build and lead a team of high-performing, passionate, strategic business leaders
- Develop team dashboards focused on various metrics, KPIs, and OKRs
- 12+ years of experience in strategic, business operations role or management consulting
- 7+ years of experience building and leading business operations focused teams
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, preferably in a quantitative discipline
- Strong analytical skills with a proven track record to delivering on strategic projects end-to-end
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to articulate strategic concepts to varying levels of experience
- Demonstrated success in leading cross-functional teams, particularly in a startup environment
- Project Management Software (Asana, Jira, etc)
- G Suite
- Discovery call with talent insider to describe the role and answer initial queries
- Conversation with the Hiring Manager to calibrate around alignment of role to candidate’s desired career path, as well as cultural compatibility.
- In person meeting with key stakeholders from your team and cross-functional partners broken into 5-6 interactions. Each interaction has been thought out in advance, and you will be prepped by our talent team before you walk in for the final interview.
- Near the end of the interview process, you’ll have the opportunity to meet with our co-Founder and CEO to learn more about Lyric’s vision
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO